Connection issues with Gen 3

What light does it get to? Might be an RMA that the support team can quickly handle.

Thanks for your patience.

:cheers:

The first long white light just blinks. The app scans the bar code. I go to add it to the Wi-Fi network and it spins for a while before saying ithe app canā€™t find it.

Itā€™s just a solid white light now

And now Iā€™m just getting the first light with 4 white blinks and a red blink

I would reach out to our support team (https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us) and they should be able to troubleshoot and determine if the unit needs an RMA.

What is an RMA?

Sorry, a return merchandise authorization. If the unit is defective they will send a new one out asap.

I am also unable to connect my Rachio 3 to my Wi-Fi, even after taking all the steps in troubleshooting I could find on the forum. My RouteThis code is: RRFASTCN
There is nothing fancy or complicated about my Wi-Fi setup. A single router/modem and a single 2.4 Ghz network.

Iā€™m using Android and an Orbi mesh network. Hereā€™s the code I got QB7UF4T8
1st white light goes solid, second yellow light just blinks and never goes solidā€¦ Iā€™ve tried resetting network several time and did a factory reset on the rachio 3 nothing worksā€¦

Can you try creating a separate network on your main router (not range extender) and connect from there? Also, if you have access to another smart phone thatā€™s another good place to start.

Let us know if either of those two options helps get connectivity.

Seriously?? I just installed mine and didnā€™t realize how terrible your software engineering is. How can you roll something out for $200+ that has major issues with Android, or doesnā€™t like any of the common wifi tech in homes today. Iā€™ve tried with my Android and now my daughters iPhone. Iā€™ve set up countless devices (many much cheaper) without issue. This isnā€™t 2000. Either figure out how to code and stay current with home Integration (what this thing is designed to do), or get out of the business. After spending way too much time and then reading through all the other people having similar issues, Iā€™ve realized Iā€™ve wasted a bunch of time. Iā€™m in CO, was happy to support a CO company, but this is piss poor to have to have some basic stripped down solution. If you canā€™t figure out device and hardware qualification at least make an Ethernet port. How about step one in the directions is see if this brick can. Connect to your wireless to save pissing off the consumers that took our old unit down and then found out your solution is to RMA or troubleshoot endlessly. Seriously, Iā€™m not trying to be a jerk, POORLY thought through.

Sorry to hear you are having so many issues connecting the controller. I always hate to see this, especially with folks in Colorado. The majority of our customers do not experience connectivity issues, but with the varied smart phone and router landscape connectivity issues do exist.

Were you able to get the controller connected? If not if you run this and provide the code I can have the engineering team review for you today.

https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010540888-Is-my-Wi-Fi-network-compatible-

Have a great weekend.

Yes, after trying 3 different devices. My Android didnā€™t work. My daughterā€™s iPhone 11 did not. My sonā€™s iphone XR did. It seems to be a device qualification issue and you really need to change that. Or offer some discount for people to do this for you via your direct site or something. Basically own and correct the issue in the best way for consumers.

We are basically doing UAT for you in production. Enabling wifi connectivity is a prerequisite and tablestakes for your platform. Between 2 places I have Arlo, Nest, Simplisafe, Ecobee, Wemo, Sonos, Chamberlain garage door app, Lutron, and probably a few more and this was by far the most frustrating. You canā€™t expect people to adjust their home network to your limited wifi capabilities. I have 2 WAPs with a router and everything else works in both locations.

At the very minimum change step 1 to be try connecting to the wifi to avoid people having to install/uninstall your system and then reinstall their old system. This would go a long way.

After I was able to connect the controller I was able to setup things via my Android device.

@Jester139 Thanks for the feedback and I agree the experience you had is not the one we would like our customers to have, especially just starting out. The team is working on mobile updates to help mitigate some of the issues you mentioned but agreed we need to expand our capabilities to be more proactive.

Thank you for your patience and I will provide this feedback to the product and engineering team. Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback regarding the controller.

Totally agree with Jester139 on that, the controller is really bad for wifi connectivity and I had bad experience with it and couple of hours loosed, ending up returning it for a refund, hope they will solve the issue and at least put an Ethernet port

I am also really fed-up with a 200$ device bought in 2020 which cannot stay connected to a simple Wifi network. It shows connected when I go to bed in the night, next morning it is no longer connected. Watering is ignored. We have three neighbors purchased this from Costco a week back and all three having similar issues cannot be attributed anything but the product itself. Never had issues with Costco purchases before. Probably going to return my device and call Costco Customer Service to evaluate the products before they put on shelf. :unamused:

Not our typical customer experience for sure. I can have our engineering team review your network connectivity if you would like to run this and provide the code generated. Thanks and have a great weekend.

I have a google wifi. The RouteThis code is 46F6JNFM

I have the same issue Fanz. Donā€™t want to be a jerk here but I agree with the comments in this thread. I have spent 4 hours trying to troubleshoot this using the community and FAQs from the Rachio website. I am returning mine. You say not a common experience but there seems to be quite a few. Seems like the company should look into thier quality inspections.

Oh, really? The forum note above your post says ā€œThis is the first time bluebandit has posted ā€¦ā€
If you used a different moniker, please post a link to your other thread and weā€™ll try to help.

Otherwise, please post:
What do the light codes show now?
https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003815533-Light-Codes-Rachio-3-
When attempting connection, what is the highest blinking quadrant you achieved?
When you visit app.rach.io from your computer, does the controller appear in your account? If so, what state does it show?
Describe your home network: Modem make/model, separate router (if any), separate access point(s) (if any). Any firewall settings more restrictive than the default?
What resources do you have that may be useful in establishing a connection (Android and iOS phones and tablets, even if without a SIM card, desktop or laptop computers)?

1 Like