Connecting Hunter Rain Clik Sensor to Rachio 3 (solved)

@stoneda - From Hunter’s manual page 11 (https://www.hunterindustries.com/sites/default/files/OM_W_Raincliksensor_dom.pdf):

System Will Not Turn On at All
• Check to make sure that the sensor discs are dry and
the switch “clicks” on and off freely by pressing the top
of the spindle.
• Look for breaks in the wire leading to the receiver and
check all connections.
• Verify outside air temperature (for Rain/Freeze-Clik
installations).

Thank you. I had performed the steps on page 11 - no help - status still solid red! Any other suggestions would be appfeciated.

@stoneda - how old is the rain sensor? I think the battery is sealed in for the life of the unit, i.e. non-replaceable - buy a new sensor. I don’t know the behavior of the low/failing battery state for this device.

Unit is 4.5 years old. Battery is supposed to last 10 years but no guarantee. I need to push the button on the transmitter down at night and check to see if the led at the bottom flashes. If so battery is good. If not battery is bad and transmitter/unit needs to be replaced.

I am also going to reset the unit’s address to ensure the transmitter is communicating with the receiver in the garage. I’ll try these things next weekend (Sunday) when I get home.

I got home today Sunday and found the Status LED on Receiver flashing Red indicating the transmitter and receiver loss communication with each other AND the transmitter battery may be dead. So, I removed the transmitter from the soffit and checked the battery by pressing the spindle button to see if the LED flashes. No flashing…battery confirmed dead. Battery only lasted 5 years! At least now I know the unit is defective and requires replacement. Thanks for your help DLane!

1 Like

I checked with Hunter regarding a warranty on the transmitter battery and was told it is 5 years. So, GOOD NEWS, contacted Hunter Distributor near me and they replaced the transmitter/receiver under warranty which would have expired next month. Lucky Me!!

Installed the new transmitter and receiver with no problems. I am now fully operational.

PS. Hunter also said their batteries post date coded January 2020 is now 10 years.

where did you find this wiring diagram from Rachio??

1 Like