An unexpected error occurred. Try again

I had my Rachio 3 for close to 2 years now and has worked flawlessly. I noticed I lost Homekit support (Rachio 3 Homekit app disappeared inside Homekit) sometime in October but didn’t bother because watering season was over in NY area. Today I tried watering my yard and testing went well but still didn’t see the Rachio app in Homekit. I tried wifi resetting a few times and couldn’t get the Homekit app to be paired. I finally decided to remove my Rachio 3 from my iPhone 11 Pro (STUPID F****** MOVE) and now I cannot get the Rachio 3 paired with the Rachio App. I have tried ressetting it more than 20 times. NOTHING IS WORKING! I have a 3 pack Google Wifi mesh system and have well over 50 smart devices that work flawlessly but this Rachio would not connect. Did the RouteThis and got a key (PE3YBUDA). Im annoyed and frustrated.

@may7day Are you on iphone 11 iOS 13.4.0?

:cheers:

Same issue as OP, yes, 13.4.1 on IOS iPhone 11

We discovered that with the iOS 13.4(.1) updates on the iPhone 11’s the wireless accessory configuration that allows the phone to get the Rachio controller setup on WiFi stopped working. We’re working to get a more permanent fix, but in the meantime there is a work around available that I posted here that might help you: Wont work with iPhone 11 & iOS 13.4.0

1 Like

@gizbug Any other Android or iPhone device (iPhone not 11/13.4, iPad, etc.) will also pair the controller.

:cheers:

finally got it to work with mac, now there is a FW update. this issue needs to be stickied and emailed out to customers as a “heads up” to save us hours of trying to fix

Now since it says firmware version UPDATE NOW, when I tried to update the FW it says “We had trouble uploading the firmware to your controller. Please try again”
Oy Vey…

1 Like