All my flex zones suddenly are at zerp

Same here - all zones at zero, no watering indicated last night.

Rachio - do we have an update on this?

I have the same problem, zones ran last night showing 0% and no history showing they ran.

Team Rachio - We experienced a weeks worth of irrigation and other event time series data loss yesterday which brought about the “zero moisture” flex daily issue. The team worked throughout the night (they are still working) to recover this data. In some instances it was not recovered in time to affect some controllers flex daily morning watering. The data issue exposed some enhancements that we need to build to ensure data recovery is a much smoother and resilient process. I am continuing to work with the team to ensure this issue does not happen again. The system is still in minor flux so please wait until this afternoon to completely verify the moisture graphs looks correct and flex daily is back on track. I apologize for this incident and please know that myself and the team takes this service disruption very seriously.

:cheers:

10 Likes

Thanks for the update. I need to verify a zone does not water for the next few days. Skip did not work as history said it skipped yet it did water ( and soak a carpet I had in the lawn drying). I now have disabled the schedule do I nee to delete to ensure it does not come on tomorrow morning? thanks,

I had the same issue, but for me it appears that just 2 zones ran for over 4 hours before I noticed the problem this morning. I manually filled them up in the soil moisture screen as those zones were still scheduled to water again tomorrow.

Please advise what we should or should not be doing in the interim while you fix this issue and any action we will need to take after the correction.

Thanks

Hey @billg and @mikesas!

At this time, please stay tuned until this afternoon (MDT).

Thanks! :cheers:

My Rachio 3 gave me a notification about a half hour ago that the Flex Daily schedule started, about 11 am local time, but I have the system set to complete before sunrise. I went outside and it wasn’t running, then checked the zones and saw all zeros in some zones and not in others. The grass is wet but the zones don’t show that they watered today. I haven’t touched anything since reading this post because I know you’re working on the problem. However, I just got a notice that the system was just stopped manually.

Is this something being caused by your troubleshooting or am I having a different problem?

I assume this is part of the same issue, but I just received a notification that our Flex Daily began to run (midday - not the normal schedule) and then several minutes later I received a notification that it was stopped manually. I assume this was a glitch, and the system did not actually run - but I can’t verify. The app also seems to be acting very slow, so I haven’t been able to verify the zeros - I will sit back and wait to see if ya’ll fix this with whatever you are currently working on.

Hi @LTC,

Not to worry, although you are getting this notification, like you said it isn’t running. The notifications are delayed from any runs that you had this morning. Sorry for the confusion.

:rachio:

2 Likes

Standing by :wink:

2 Likes

Scared me to be at work and see the popup about hours worth of watering about to take place! I use Flex Daily schedules, would it be better to create Manual schedules until the issue is resolved?

@Danimalx23, we appreciate you trying to be proactive but there’s no need to change anything.

Cheers! :rachio:

2 Likes

The issue causing delayed notifications and events has been resolved. However, we’re currently working through data recovery for affected users. For the most up to date information, you can follow our progress here.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!

:cheers:

3 Likes