Alarm.Com Integration

@curious103, do my understanding, your dealer will need to setup the integration for you. The instructions I’ve heard are as follows:

1. Log in to the Alarm.com Dealer Website
  2. Add the Irrigation Service Plan add-on to the account
  3. Log in to the Alarm.com app
  4. On the home page of the app, scroll to the Irrigation card and
    tap “Connect to account”
  5. Enter the customer’s Rachio app credentials and select “Allow Access”
  6. Wait for the controller to load. The Irrigation card will automatically refresh after authorization is complete.
3 Likes

It is up and running and looks really good. I didn’t think I’d have much use for the integration because the Rachio app is so easy but it is really clean and I might need to rethink it.

A couple of issues. I think these are probably Alarm.com’s issues and not Rachio. 1. the zones are sorted in alphabedic order instead of numeric. 2. The “last watered” is not pulling good info. For instance I have zones that were last watered 3 days in the future.

Great job though. It really looks good if you need to run a zone manually. Not sure what else to use it for.

4 Likes

@jackmarkle Glad to hear that it is working well for you! Out of curiosity, have you contacted alarm.com about the issues you are encountering?

I dont see where they have a community so I opened a service ticket with them. I doubt I’ll use the interface vs yours but thought they should know. By the way, I have 2 clocks and they only show one of them. I don’t think you can change btwn the two (like you allow) but we’ll see.

1 Like

@jackmarkle Let me know what they say when they respond!

Sure will. It goes through the local proviider first. The local service tech that helps me is a great guy and has a Rachio too so he’s a convert and speaking our language.

1 Like

Got a call back and #1 (alpha sort) they think it’s an Apple issue but someone will call you. They said Adroid is sorting by zone. The 2 clock issue is also working.

2 Likes

@jackmarkle Glad to hear they were able to help! Love to hear that the service tech is Team Rachio :cheers:

1 Like

Has anyone installed a rachio controller with their alarm.com controller without broadband? I.e. Do you have to have separate broadband service from your alarm.com controller cellular service to use the rachio?