2.6 Software Released

The team did a great job on getting these features out, hope you enjoy. iOS and Android will be available in a few hours.

Note that we are listening to customer requests and are currently working on some great features. Stay tuned.

:cheers: :colorado:

[+] Schedule selection start screen
Provides easy comparison for each schedule option.

[+] Schedule selection detail screen
Provides more detail for each schedule option.

[+] Flex schedules have returned, with a new name

[+] New schedule names
On An Interval -> Fixed Interval
Specific Days-> Fixed Days
As Needed -> Flexible Monthly
Flex -> Flexible Daily

[+] Add and remove zones from existing schedules.
You can now add and remove zones from Fixed Day and Fixed Interval schedules

5 Likes

You’ve also broken the site for MS Edge and IE 10, 11. You may want to check your javascripts. I’ve tried on multiple machines and they’re all timing out running the script. Even tried on machines that have never been on your site, so it’s not cached data. Looks like its failing on the REST call to your service. Hard to tell because you’re not trapping your exception properly and it’s just going into an infinite wait state and nothing comes back to the console in Dev Tools. (Did I mention I’m a programmer?) Good news is you didn’t break Chrome, at least not for me. Let me know when you’ve got it fixed!

A little more detail from Chrome: Failed to log to loggly because of this exception:
TypeError: Converting circular structure to JSON
loggly.tracker.js:126 Failed log data: Object {message: “Error when trying to get new water journal entry after a zone completed”, user: m, zone: “4ba40c41-746e-46bc-8c7c-7f987437c096”, error: FrequencyError, service: “Web App:Client”…}
loggly.tracker.js:125 Failed to log to loggly because of this exception:
loggly.tracker.js:126 Failed log data: Object {message: “Error when trying to get new water journal entry after a zone completed”, user: m, zone: “4ba40c41-746e-46bc-8c7c-7f987437c096”, error: FrequencyError, service: “Web App:Client”…}
loggly.tracker.js:126 Failed log data: Object {message: “Error when trying to get new water journal entry after a zone completed”, user: m, zone: “f826441f-46db-4c59-987c-e9f467dbe85e”, error: FrequencyError, service: “Web App:Client”…}
loggly.tracker.js:126 Failed log data: Object {message: “Error when trying to get new water journal entry after a zone completed”, user: m, zone: “f826441f-46db-4c59-987c-e9f467dbe85e”, error: FrequencyError, service: “Web App:Client”…}
loggly.tracker.js:126 Failed log data: Object {message: “Error when trying to get new water journal entry after a zone completed”, user: m, zone: “d7d3f87c-da25-494c-a8d0-4d1ef5271352”, error: FrequencyError, service: “Web App:Client”…}
loggly.tracker.js:126 Failed log data: Object {message: “Error when trying to get new water journal entry after a zone completed”, user: m, zone: “d7d3f87c-da25-494c-a8d0-4d1ef5271352”, error: FrequencyError, service: “Web App:Client”…}
loggly.tracker.js:126 Failed log data: Object {message: “Error when trying to get new water journal entry after a zone completed”, user: m, zone: “594730fb-5a53-4e34-9a9e-d3818bcc9e8d”, error: FrequencyError, service: “Web App:Client”…}
loggly.tracker.js:126 Failed log data: Object {message: “Error when trying to get new water journal entry after a zone completed”, user: m, zone: “594730fb-5a53-4e34-9a9e-d3818bcc9e8d”, error: FrequencyError, service: “Web App:Client”…}

1 Like

Who uses Edge other than people that don’t know it’s hijacked the default browser & don’t know the difference because M$ made it look like Chrome. :sunglasses:

Some of us are developers that code for all the browsers. Your response isn’t helpful, nor is it contributing to the solution to the problem. I’ll kindly ask you to remove your response if you have nothing to contribute beyond trolling.

@s.walters @ronjonp Ah, the timeless browser wars. I’m sure the comment was made in jest :wink:

They are almost as bad as religion and politics.

:cheers:

1 Like

@s.walters
… the comment was a joke. ( albeit a bit true ) :wink:

in 5 more years, the browser will be the fourth leading cause of ideological death.

1 Like

I think a valid question is - What browsers has the Web app been tested on and verified to work correctly?

My other question is - for my iPhone iOS app - should I see an update for my rachio app in the app store, or do I need to find and install the new app separately.

New version

Has 2.6 been released for iOS? I just downloaded from the Apple App Store and the latest available is 2.5.3.

I just did a search for Rachio on the App Store and it’s showing 2.6.0 for me, updated June 1. Maybe you can do a search on the App Store and see if the 2.6.0 shows.

Terminte the store app and start it again.

Hi @jkb,
To answer your question, when we do a large release (eg: 2.5/2.6) the web app is tested against IE11 and the latest Chrome, Firefox, and Safari desktop clients by an external testing company. We also test in house against the browsers mentioned above and various mobile devices. That being said, we’re often making changes and responding to user feedback throughout testing and some issues can slip through, especially on lesser used browsers (IE11 and Edge combined make up ~2% of our overall monthly browser usage). I apologize for any inconvenience that our current IE issues are causing you, but please be aware that we’re constantly working to refine all our processes, including testing.

Thanks and feel free to shoot me any more questions regarding the webapp,
Dan :rachio:

1 Like