1 Common Wire, 2 Zones

I have a 16 zone IRO and I am only using 9 of the zones. 8 on the left side and 1 on the right side. I only have 1 common wire. I put it on the left side and everything works fine for the first 8 zones. The 9th zone won’t fire up and of course I assume it’s because the right side doesn’t have a common wire. I tried to cheat and ran a write from the left common to the right and that didn’t work.

Any suggestions or do I need that second common?

It should work fine - I have only one common and 12 of 16 zones running fine. I would trace the common back to make sure that the solenoid in question is continuous to the common on the Iro.

I have the same exact scenario and it fires with no problem. :grimacing:
Try switching the zone with another zone and see if if happens you may have a bad solenoid. Just guessing. :mask:

Is the one common hooked up to the left or the right side of the Iro. Mine is on the left but I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Is the one common hooked up to the left or the right side of the Iro. Mine is on the left but I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Hi there I also have the common connected to the left side of the IRO. :sweat:
If you have tried what I suggested before and that didn’t work :mask: Try placing the wire on no 10 position and see if you can get it to fire there. :mask:
It should work with just one common on all 16 stations regardless of location. :wink:

@Garden_Dude, just checking in to see if you got Zone 9 to fire yet? The common terminals are shared between the left and right terminal blocks. There’s no need to install a jumper between the two white terminals.

Great idea @JNotar! @Garden_Dude, did you try testing like this yet? If we can get Zone 9 to fire on another terminal, then we might have a defect in your wallmount. If Zone 9 doesn’t fire on any terminals, then we need to troubleshoot the wire and/or solenoid.

Please keep us posted.

Best, Emil