1.5 Release Features

Thanks @SteinyD‌ we are looking at hamweather as well as some other leading APIs. I agree with your assessment on micro climates. We are looking at other ways at getting weather data. Thanks for the information and feedback!

Wondering if a temperature trigger can be added in the 1.5 release?

Is there an ETA on the 1.5 release?

@jeremyshultz‌ Hoping to start testing early next week and submit to Apple shortly after. As soon as testing is finished on Android we will put into the Play store. Most of the development is finished up. :slight_smile:

I’ve had the Iro installed for about a week and am glad to hear what is being added in ver 1.5. It sounds like this problem may be addressed, but I would like to see the ability to reschedule the next run and then have the entire schedule updated. The example would be when a rain delay occurs, but then you don’t want to wait until the next day in the schedule (potentially 3-4 days). As it stand now, I have to create another manual program that runs every day to get it to run on the current day and then turn it off.

I also would suggest a feature to indicate that you want to change a specific future run by a percentage up or down similar to other irrigation controls. You could do this now by modifying the cycle definition, but a percentage change that only impacts a individual date on the schedule would be useful.

@LNorris - I don’t disagree with your premise above and having the feature ability to shift the schedule by a period of time at my discretion. However, I wouldn’t do it automatically. If I get a 2" rainfall today, I won’t irrigate for a couple of days (or more) depending on my zone conditions, future weather conditions, etc. This will be different for everyone.

I’d like to see the ability to delay based on the amount of actual rainfall and some algorithms to determine when the next appropriate ‘restart’ date would be for the schedule.

@SteinyD - Automatic based on an algo would be ideal, but I was only suggesting an option to reschedule manually; selecting anywhere from now/today to some point in the future and then the normal schedule would resume based on that run. It is very cumbersome to try to do this with the current app.

@LNorris - thanks for that clarification. That makes sense to me until we have better realtime and ‘micro’ understanding of ‘rain in my backyard’. We also need to consider how this will play into watering restrictions. For instance, when we are in a dry period, my town initiates water restrictions. They have come in the form of odd / even day watering (based on house address), watering only during certain (night time) hours, etc. So, if we need to delay based on rain activities, etc., and we then fold in water restrictions, how does this all come out in the end.

Oh, by the way, I have a maintenance service mow my lawn. They usually come on Fridays. On my prior system, I never water on Friday mornings so that the turf is relatively dry for Friday maintenance. So I usually have Friday restricted throughout the season.