WiFi is not secure and can easily be hacked following videos on youtube. When will rachio release a version of adapter that adds hard wired ethernet?

WiFi is not secure and can easily be hacked following videos on youtube. When will rachio release a version of adapter that adds hard wired ethernet?

WPA2 easily hacked? News to me, do share. Only way WPA2 hacked I know of is a really weak key.

1 Like

Whats that tell you? Choose a good password! Crack only guesses combinations from a know word list and varients. Crack cant get a completely random password. Not to mention crack takes and extremely long time if your password is just mediocre.

Not true.

So Iā€™m speaking as a Network Engineer. WPA2 is clearly your best bet, but use a strong password. I personally set up a SSID exclusive for my home automation and put it on its on VLAN. The key I use for that has never been shared with anyone, and is only used by my home automation equipment.

I do however second the idea of hard wiring ethernet. Everything in my house that can be used over ethernet, is. I paid $500 just to have the Ring Elite since its hard wired, and poe. But with the power requirements for the sprinkler system, PoE wouldnt be an option with the Rachio.