When is power cycle recorded on the WEB app?

Our power was off today–SCE is running new main feeder lines. There was a schedule that was supposed to run during the outage, so I looked to see what the Iro did do. I checked on the Android app while the power was off and it showed “off line” as expected.

Then after the power was back on and my computer up and running I looked to see what happened to the missed watering. The WEB app does not show that there was a power cycle yet.

I manually ran the schedule. Hope it won’t run again when the system figures out the Iro restarted.

Events are displayed the same across all devices. Have you refreshed the page and checked the Device Update activity card?

:cheers:

Events are displayed the same across all devices. Have you refreshed the page and checked the Device Update activity card?

Maybe we are talking about different things. I am looking at the “Device updates”. That does not show the power cycle that happened today either with the WEB app or the Android app. Needless to say, I did not check the WEB app when the power was off since the computer was also off so I do not know if it would have said the device was offline.

That’s really odd. I just power cycled mine and the event showed up right away. Can you try a quick power cycle? Maybe it didn’t lose power?

Also, maybe if everything was down, including WiFi, when it came back online it wasn’t connected to send that event. That seems more likely.

But shouldn’t your caching you implemented in the last update have recorded this event and sent on it had wifi?

We only buffer irritation events. Limited storage.

Since the power to the house was down between 9am and 4:15pm I guess everything was down. Maybe when the Iro came back on line WIFI was not yet back up and available. My take is that significant events should be buffered. It would not have had to hold the buffer very long.

1 Like

I think buffer should be fifo. So buffer everything and when you need space dump the oldest.

1 Like

I tried another power cycle today. Had the WEB app open, went out to the Iro and unplugged it and came back to the WEB app. It did not show the Iro off line no matter what I did. Checked on the Android app and it showed off line. Tried a manual watering from the WEB app and it just sat there “sending”.

I think buffer should be fifo. So buffer everything and when you need space dump the oldest.

I agree. I think this would help you in support as well. In the above case, a watering schedule was missed because the power was off. Had I not known the power was off I would just have a case of a missed watering with no explanation.

I also suggest another event to log–WIFI disconnect.

The Webapp does not currently show offline/online status. In our software backlog.

We will revisit this at some point, our biggest motivator was not to lose any irrigation events. The other events while important IMHO aren’t critical.

A long long time ago we tried this, and it didn’t work so well. Our support line was filled with people that were concerned with any disconnect/re-connect. At some point we might look to adding this back.

Maybe set a threshold–say for more than 2 hours. Shorter times will not matter because the buffer will get sent, it is only if the WIFI is off for a long time that there might be missed data. (This does presume you buffer ALL communications.)

1 Like