@Chris & Support team - I've had my Iro installed for just under a week. I've had a couple of schedules running and have posted questions in another thread about the short cycles the system is scheduling. I now have questions about the services you use for the future predicability of rain events and its impact on skipped schedules. I had a watering schedule set for 4:30a this morning. At about 4:15a, I received notification from Rachio that my 4:30a schedule was going to be skipped because there was an expected .49" of rain within the next 48 hours. At about 4:00p this afternoon, I received notification that my 4:30p watering schedule was being skipped because of an expected .69" of rain within the next 48 hours.
I use a regional weather group (www.epawaweather.com) and subscribe to their services. From what they are reporting and from what I've been reading from NWS, weather channel and other sources, the prediction for rain in my area (07940) is of 'scattered' showers (burst variety), not expecting an organized line, and no more than a 50% chance of rain for a couple of hours and lessor amounts around that. I've spoken to epawa just now to confirm that the forecast since yesterday hasn't changed. They don't have the same point of view as to what your weather provider is predicting. Of course, they could be wrong.
Could you please provide some background as to how your system comes to the decision to cancel. What is your weather source? How regional / local is the information to my zip code (5.5 sq miles)? What is the accuracy of this weather source over the last 1-3-5 years?
When cancelled, why will it then water on the next scheduled date? What if it now doesn't rain or rains far less than predicted? Is there intelligence to re-adjust or water as the same start time of the next day?
My watering schedule that was cancelled is based on my prior watering schedule. If I'm conserving water, I've taken my planting material and turf to the 'edge'. If the weather does not work out as predicted and the delay takes me to the next scheduled date, I will likely start to brown out the planting material. Isn't it better to adjust based on what has happened instead of attempting to predict what mother nature has in store?
P.S. - we won't know for another 36 hours whether or not any forecaster got this one right!