Water timing daily or twice a day

Hi, just installed a 12 zone system and my installer suggested 20 minutes per day at 5 am To establish a young the lawn. Is it better to split that into 10 minutes dawn and 10minutes dusk per zone or a single watering per day?

For new lawn establishment, i would water about 5 minutes, four times a day. Is this sod? The key is not to let the sod or seed dry out.

3 Likes

It’s new but beyond seedling, it’s been 6 weeks with young roots but still thin blades with some summer yellowing.

Where do you live? If you are seeding fescue, perennial ryegrass or Kentucky bluegrass in a hot climate, it is doubtful the seeding will be successful. The seedlings will probably die and will not take root. The correct seeding time is typically in the fall, unless you are in a region with cool temperatures in 70s or low 80s.

Thanks, just moved into a new development in Eastern Pennsylvania. It’s fescue and rye contractor mix. The blades are about 3 inches tall but not even. I’ll be doing a fall hydroseeding but want to try and prevent losin what Toll builders put in

Got it. Makes sense. Your fall seeding should be very successful.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Eastern PA Rachio installer?