Water a certain amount?

I tried to find this info, but was unable. Let’s say I want to water my yard 1" per week. How do I tell the system to do that and take in to account rainfall? Thank you.

Well, I might be underthinking/overthinking this, but really the only way to accurately know if you are applying 1 inch of water per week is if you know the exact precipitation application rate (in/hr) and then just do some simple math to back into that amount.

For example, you’ve performed a catch-cup test (http://wateringschedule.com/instructions/) (Catch cup guided process) and have determined your in/hr application rate is .5 in/hr. In this example, watering 3 times a week for 20 minutes will get you 1 inch of watering, and our system will skip rain events automatically for you.

Hope this helps.

:cheers:

@thegrindstaffs, great question and idea for scheduling. We crunch numbers based on the zone attributes selected to calculate the inches of water needed on a per zone basis, but don’t detail the math in app. Just curious, is this how you’ve always watered? Or were you recommended to do so by someone?

Yes, that make sense. I just didn’t know if you could set the system based on the specific nozzle type and water pressure to water a specified amount during a specified number of days and adjust if there is any rainfall.

It was recommended by multiple people in some lawn care forums.

Maybe THIS tool will help you fine tune the amount of water you put down. IMO you should just use a Flex schedule as it looks at these numbers for you on a daily basis.

I guess I need to learn more about flex scheduling. I’m installing my Gen 1 this week and just wanted to make sure that I set it up correctly

1 Like

@thegrindstaffs, we do ask for your nozzle type but do not require pressure data.

We currently do this on all schedule types. The 2.5 version of the app will dynamically change your watering interval by month as well.

Just a heads up that Flex & Fixed schedules are getting hitched in 2.5! Very exciting scheduling enhancements that leverage the benefits of both scheduling models. To learn more, please see this thread.