V3 Beta is Upon Us!

you didn’t get the memo?

Must have missed it… Was probably too busy filling out my TPS reports.

1 Like

I want to thank all of you for your passion and input throughout this process. I say this a lot on the forum but we are a user driven company, and we are so grateful for this community’s continued support and engagement! I can assure you that as always we are listening intently to your feedback, and our team is hard at work building and innovating. We are excited for the future, and we hope you are too.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, the contest continues, to have some fun predicting what date Rachio Iro V3 actually does ‘go live’ to the general public.

The prize continues as FOUR 60W equivalent 9W LED lamps, commercial quality, warm color temperature to match traditional tungsten lamps, omni-directional, over 50,000 hrs run time capability, 5 year warranty, meeting the latest version 2 Energy Star requirements, and manufactured by Earthtronics (private label manufacturer for Philips and Sylvania).

You can look back about 29 days in this ‘conversation’ to see the rules and ‘fine print.’ The contest remains open to almost all, subject to a couple of rules.

We have a couple more ‘casualties’ lately:

jim_gately = Sep. 30th

Modawg2k = Oct. 1st

1 Like

Doh!

1 Like

Well, seems that I’m a few hours away from a deadline to guess that something will be released at the irrigation show in Orlando (link). So, I’m putting my name in the hat for the first day of the show (November 6th, 2017).

Frankly, it’s not entirely my idea (seen it here and here), but @robertokc is oddly quiet about making an official guess (beta user perhaps?).

In any case, I’ll be at the show, so I’ll try to get more info out of Rachio reps ;-).

Cheers,
Gene

2 Likes

Gene, you’re ‘in’ (barely - for others: read the 2 week rule). I’ll modify the latest posting of all contest entrants to include you with a date of Nov. 6th.

So far, AFAIK, this contest has run with high integrity. I think all contest entrants so far are just like me: clueless on fact but more than willing to venture opinion.

There are no rules (my contest rules) preventing anyone from simply commenting here. Heck, maybe a beta tester will slip, or worse (best) yet an actual Rachio employee who knows everything will slip. Then we’ll know what’s going on.

The LED advanced quality lamps (four) are on a shelf, marked as reserved for the V3 Beta announcement contest.

1 Like

Here is the updated contest entry list.

We had another recent ‘casualty:’ jkb is ‘out.’

plainsane = Aug. 1st
preilly44 = Aug. 14th
Linn = Aug. 28th
a0128958 = Sep. 14th
Marainwater = Sep. 21st
Jazzer = Sep. 26th
ghctim = Sep. 29th
jim_gately = Sep. 30th
Modawg2k = Oct. 1st
jkb = Oct. 15th

(anyone above this point is officially ‘out’

JasonM = Oct. 23rd
DLane = Nov. 1st
jleh = Nov. 3rd
Gene = Nov. 6th
tmcgahey = Dec. 1st
Bill.Maupin = Jan. 1st, 2018
rgstech = Mar. 1st
shcaine = Mar. 15th
Brett = June 1st

I’m not going to repeat the Purpose, Rules, or Fine Print at this time - nothing has changed here. Go up in the ‘conversation’ about a month to see last posting.

The contest remains open.

Best regards,

Bill

I’m going to vote June 1st 2018. My guess is that their first beta found some serious flaws. I’m betting that they’ll want 2 months of active waterers on the new version before release if all goes well…

Oh my, oh my, oh my! We have our first ‘the glass is half empty’ 2Q18 contest entry! Brett, you’re ‘in,’ at June 1st. I’ll update the above list in a moment.

Actually, Brett may be on to something. Keep in mind (as written many times):

“Here’s the contest: Have some fun predicting what date Rachio Iro V3 ‘goes live’ to the general public (as confirmed by someone from Rachio authorized to say it).”

Brett correctly points out that the contest winner will have to wait for Beta testing results to be announced, then perhaps another Beta testing cycle comes up, and those results then have to be digested, all before we have a “V3 ‘goes live’ to the general public.”

Best regards,

Bill

Being honest that is my if all goes well guesstimate. I’ll not be surprised in the least when my date goes flying by and V3 isn’t yet live. I’d also be fine with being proven wrong.

Well, you certainly have no competition (at the moment) being the ‘caboose’ of the contest!

Thanks for joining in on the fun.

Best regards,

Bill

JasonM (Oct. 23rd) is our latest ‘casualty.’ He’s ‘out.’

DLane is next up (Nov. 1st). And right behind him is jleh predicting Nov. 3rd, and Gene predicting Nov. 6th. Could be a bloodbath during the next 7 days.

Noting the recent ‘conversation’ on the lack of freeze control when using Flex Daily other than simply accepting it’s set to 32 degrees and that it is not real time, I sure hope this one’s in the new release.

Best regards,

Bill

Hi there,
I’ve been busy so I have not contributed here. Yes, I would guess Rachio will unveil their version 3 at the IA show. I’m not going to the show this year. You might be interested in the new product contest at the IA Show. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.irrigation.org/2017Show/Events/New-Product-Contest/New_Product_Contest_2017_Entries/2017Show/Events/New_Product_Contest_2017_Entires.aspx%3Fhkey%3Dfc2bc864-058e-4692-a0cd-521a6004db9e&ved=0ahUKEwj11KTjspvXAhUrwFQKHbLUBOoQFggvMAA&usg=AOvVaw1qsN6WhMxuJI0bnRAtMclk.

Hunter is introducing a wireless flow sensor at the IA show this year, but their wifi controller is low on the totem pole. Rain Bird, Toro and Hunter have yet to develop an acceptable smart controller. I will give
Rain Bird and Toro credit for some fine central control systems that are really great. The big guys are adrift at sea in the residential market.

Rachio is listed as an exhibitor. Booth 355. Thank you robertokc for posting the info

Our little contest to have some fun with Rachio making available V3 production download has some people ‘grouped up’ around the first week of November. Not going to be pretty for these contest entrants if Rachio isn’t planning on big hoopla at the convention.

For now I guess I’ll jump on the bandwagon that indeed our contest entrants who are signed up for some time coming soon have good hunches, and thus allow myself to get excited that I’m getting V3 in early Nov.

Best regards,

Bill

@a0128958 - AKA Bill, sorry to burst your bubble, but I based my estimate on starting the beta testing around iOS 11 being released in September and then about six weeks of testing until the public release. I had no clue about the irrigation show being on the 6th. Here’s to hoping iOS 11.1 is released today or tomorrow for the new iPhone X and that being the gating item for the actual release of V3 and HomeKit support for sprinklers. But what do I know!

And Bill, thanks for sponsoring the fun!

I was a judge at last year’s new product contest. The Orbit B-Hyve/Hydro Rain HRC was the unanimous pick in last year’s landscape irrigation category. My bet is the Hunter wireless flow sensor will win this year. More than likely Rachio will issue a press release or their product will appear in a landscape trade magazine. My prediction is November 6.

Let’s see. Who in the contest has or is closest to Nov. 6th? Ahhhh, it’s Gene! Good luck! We’re all rooting for your crystal ball to be working!

(And if it’s not Gene, then there’s only one person left predicting a 2017 date. Everyone else believes availability won’t be until 2018.)

Best regards,

Bill

@a0128958 - why are you raining on my parade! Could I at least celebrate the day that I picked (today) instead of celebrating @Gene 's day ! :wink: Again, it’s been fun and thanks for sponsoring.

1 Like