Using WUnderground.com to integrate Personal Weather Stations

having the same issue

Yes, I’m aware that there are issues with WU support on beta.wufyi.com, working on the fix now.
@davelr I was able to pull up your info based on what you’ve shared. Set your sync to use a workaround so you should see updates resuming.

@Smarks, and everyone else effected, if you need immediate assistance I recommend emailing me your full wufyi.com url to support@wufyi.com, otherwise you can wait a little longer for the workaround to go live to everyone who is currently using a cron-job method.

Overall, I’ll be frank, I am not sure how much longer WU support will work. If you own a device, such as WeatherFlow, AcuRite, etc., which sends data to at least one additional source in addition to WU, we can continue updates using alternative sources, otherwise it was nice while it lasted.

@gene, thanks much for the patch, values are updating now. If you could suggest alternatives to WU, I’d volunteer to reach out to WeatherFlow to see if they can accommodate. Thanks again

1 Like

I’m already testing support for weather flow, just don’t have a setup page yet ready for a general public.
Only thing needed is for you to share your data from within weatherflow, like this (link), and send me the link (and pwsweather info if you have it) to setup@wufyi.com. I can take care of everything else.

In the near future, setup should get much easier as I’m working on the new interface as we speak.

You can PM (link) me your info in case you prefer to avoid emails.

Cheers,
Gene

2 Likes

@Gene I looked at MyAcurite and it appears to only allow me to share weather with WU. What where you saying about sharing data with at least another source and using a different method of getting data to PWSweather.com?

AcuRIte does not yet, by itself, support pwsweather directly. You would still need to use wufyi.com, but instead of wufyi getting data from weather underground, it can acquire data from AcuRite instead.

@Smarks, I already have your pwsweather info, simply PM (link) me your Access hub’s mac address (AcuRite calls it ID) and I can switch over your setup from WU to AcuRite.

P.S. All those effected by the WU changes should now see their data updating again. In case you’ve used a cron-job, please double check that it is not disabled.

Thank you,
Gene

PM’d you @Gene. THanks again and I assume I will need to disable my cronjob once you switch me over?

I’m not sure if this is related to some of the above issues.

But I’m trying to figure out why my rain data is making it to CWOP, but doesn’t appear to be making it into Rachio…image (http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?&call=FW2156&last=72)
FW2156 shows rain data on 6/07, yet Rachio has no knowledge of it.

I apologize, it’s been a while since I last looked at this stuff, and I feel like I’m stumbling around in the dark as I try to re-figure it out.

I’m working on the fix, you are using my code which has issue recalculating rain into the right format. FindU supports rain data since midnight figure, which is what you are seeing on the website, but NOAA, and thus Rachio, only accept rain in the last 60 minutes and last 24 hour figures. Meaning that software has to track rain changes during each update and calculate those values as they are not available anywhere else.

Should be fixed soon

1 Like

Thanks Gene. Looking forward to it.

Fix is in place. Additional rain data should now be sent to CWOP. Let me know if you run into any further issues. :cheers:

2 Likes

Thanks Gene,

I’m hoping to see some rain this week and see it in action… Many thanks again.

So, again, thanks Gene, I’m definitely seeing rain data now… What I don’t understand, is that my station which has not seen rain in over 24 hours, and reports no rain in CWOP. When I look on Rachio it reports precipitation. Here is a snap of CWOP

vs

Where is it getting .18 from?

Hi Chris, are you still seeing the 0.18 cm of rain on the 26th? Since this was an active day, I’m curious if forecast is still part of the data shown (as in rain today will be what rained + what may rain).

I appreciate your feedback on CWOP operation, so I appreciate you continuing to use that source. That said I’ve also created a pwsweather station to host your data PWS_Wx58565 (link), this would allow us to see how the Rachio interprets data directly from their data provider (who owns pwsweather) vs data flowing via NOAA (which is what happens to your CWOP station).

Cheers,
Gene

1 Like

Tried logging in to Wufyi.com here is what I got.
Welcome to Weather FYI
New interface is being tested, alas the public setup is not available at this time
Please check back with us soon, or contact us at setup@wxfyi.com for an expedited assistance

soo much for using them in 5 minutes>??

yea, fell behind the schedule. In case someone is willing to help with front-end development. I appreciate the assistance.

Old way of settting up a station is still up and running, just not explicitly spelled out. Here is the link to the thread where it is discussed (link).

Meanwhile I can help with the setup in case you simply mention what station you wish to setup. :cheers:

1 Like

Hey Gene, looks like your site is still down for public input. Could you add the following WU station?

KFLPORTO97
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLPORTO97

Once added, I will still have to setup the Cron job, correct? I didn’t want to sift through a bunch of posts to find out if things have changed since '17

Thanks in advance!
Ryan

@Murdock03 Done (link), be on the lookout for PWS_Wx45815.

Primary change is that a separate cron-job is no longer needed, you are all set.
I’ll see about adding a temporary interface to setup your own sync.

1 Like

Thank you sir :beers:

Hi Gene - I’m not sure if this forum is locked/dead, because it’s been a while since the last post. But I have a new station that is across the street from me and closer. I see your site is still down…could you add this WU Station?

KFLPORTO122
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLPORTO122

Thanks in advance sir!