Use Existing Power Transformer?

Hi There,
I just recently purchased the Rachio Iro to replace my Irritrol RD 600. That unit has a built in transformer to power it instead of a outlet. Could I use that instead of the provided power supply? It would make it much easier as I could then use the same weatherproof housing instead of buying a new one.
Thanks!

@ryandcole Thanks for the question, following up with our hardware and installation gurus, will have an answer tonight or tomorrow morning for you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback. Thanks again!

Awesome. Thanks for the help!

@ryandcole It seems like the consensus is ‘not a good idea’.

“It would at least need the same ratings as our power supply and the connector would need to be the same as ours on the input. It’s a bit of a hack.”

"I’d advise against this as well. I’m not sure if the Iro will fit into that enclosure either… "

If you’d like to chat with one of our installation professionals you can send an email to support@rach.io (1-844-4-RACHIO) and they can help if you have any more detailed questions on this particular scenario, there might be other options, we’ve seen a lot :smile:

Thanks!

Ok great. Thanks for the help, Franz. I’ll definitely drop the support team a line and maybe they can help me figure out how to get rid of the transformer and make it an outlet on the weather enclosure that you guys have recommended. Thanks!

@ryandcole BTW ask for Emil (A-mill) @emil, if he can’t get you moving forward no one can.

Will do! Thanks for the help!