I installed a 2nd generation 8 zone controller a few days ago. After setup I tested all zones for 2 minutes using the app and water came from all of them.
I then configured a watering schedule. I decided to test it it started fine and water came in zone 1 so I manually stopped it after a minute or so.
Afterwards I had issues with the controller as the mobile app was telling me the different zones were watering but water was coming out only in zone 4 (last). I tried restarting the controller by cycling the power but that did not help. I removed the schedule and tried watering single zones manually but still water was coming only from the last zone.
The next day I tried starting zone 1 manually using the buttons in the controller and water came out. Afterwards all the zones worked again using the app too.
Also the consumption screen in the app showed 1,000 gallons used while testing the zones for just a few minutes (kind of concerned, I will need to double check the usage on the next water bill)
I am kind of puzzled on what went wrong. I have configured a flexible schedule so we will see if everything works fine in 2 days once the next schedule kicks-in