Two glitches in v3: notifications and date format

Hi Rachio team,

Software v3 looks good, but I noticed the following two issues:

1. I used to have notifications setup for irregularities only (i.e. controller offline, fault, or weather skip), but not when regular schedules were performed. This worked well in v2.
    Now, in v3, I now receive push notifications when a schedule starts and finishes as well - but I cannot turn that off anywhere!

2. The date format on the “zones” tab is MM/DD and cannot be changed. The date format in most countries outside of the US is DD/MM. In other words, in Australia, for example, the “last run” and “next run” dates are reversed and not shown correctly.

Apart from that, and the missing Alexa integration in Australia, I must say that I still love my Rachio!

Cheers,
Carsten

I also need to change date format…
Pls add date format selection since outside US we use different date formats.
I want to see date/ month and NOT month/ date for delayed water …

This should help you disable push notification for certain events (in your case schedule)

https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010380067-How-do-I-change-my-app-notifications-

This is a great point, one I didn’t even consider (focused on units of measure :wink: )

I’ll bring this up with the product team and get their input. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

:cheers:

Hi there, is there any progress on date format setting?
This topic is now quite old and I can’t change the date display in the app :woozy_face:

I’ll take a look at getting some more of the dates localized in app in an upcoming release. I know there’s some formats that get localized into the phones locale, but not all

Thank you zachio, that would be great :blush:

I just updated to ver. 4.1.3 and sadly, the date format is still not resolved :frowning:

No, we had that release branch cut before I got the new formatting in the code. But the changes are in the code now and it’ll be in the next release (given we don’t need to do a hotfix for any critical issues). I should also check, are you using iOS or Android?

2 Likes

That is great news!

I am using latest iOS

Hi Zach,
I just updated the Rachio app to the latest version and I see that it reads day/month as per the phone region setting.

Thank you so very much, it will make a lot of sense to all of us living out of US.

You guys are awesome!!!

Glad to hear it! In case you run into any more places that don’t have localized dates let me know, but I think I got the rest of them in this last update.

Hi zachio, its me again :slight_smile:

I wanted to ask you how difficult would it be to code the app to recognise system calendar settings with regards to “first day of the week”? (in iOS, under Settings, Calendar - Start Week On)

Here where I am (South Africa) we use Monday as the first day of the week and I see that the Rachio app defaults to Sunday being the first day.
I know when I want to check schedule to see which day will my rachio be watering, I often get it wrong because of this :frowning_face:

Will it be too much to ask if you can help with this? :pleading_face:

Sorry, didn’t see this earlier. I can take a look. We needed to create our own calendar rendering/setup so we’ve got the control to be able to do it. Just need to figure out what it would take to make sure the data rendering can be setup to work for it. I set my calendar to use Monday as first day of the week too, so I agree it’d be nice.

Thank you so very much, as always, highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Alright, so I got this in the app and it supports the system region setting. It doesn’t look like the system follows the setting for the calendar app setting. That seems to be an app setting rather than something that changes based on system. When I changed the region on my phone to South Africa iOS uses Sunday as first day of week still. So I’ll need to look at an app setting to be able to change it or something of the like.

Sorry for all the replies. Here’s how it’ll work since the system region won’t necessarily work for personal preference (though system region value will now be the default rather than Sunday defaulting to the first day as it currently is).

In the settings app, for Rachio you’ll have a new option.

From here you’ll be able to set the preferred week start day.

Once you change this, the app will update when you open it again and you’ll see the calendar now displays the proper first day of the week.

1 Like

That looks absolutely great!!! :clap:
One suggestion from my side :slight_smile: I have a friend who moved to Qatar and has Rachio 3 that he took with (shows how valuable your guys piece of Tech is :smiley: ).
I learned from him that for some countries in Middle east first day of the week is Saturday so perhaps you can add that as an option as well :wink:

1 Like

Just another question @zachio :slight_smile:

When do you guys expect an update for the app to be released?

Should start appearing in the release we’ve got scheduled for tomorrow

Wow, that’s quick :clap: :slight_smile:
Thank you so much!!!