Switching main ownership from main account to shared account

HI - it would be great to have a feature where we can switch primary account holder from one person to another, without having to do the entire set up over and loosing history. Particularly important if you want to switch irrigation management company!

2 Likes

Thanks @wgrace22. Are you the primary account holder for your controller, or is someone else?

No. My Gardner is. I want to become main account holder.

Gotcha.

@franz has mentioned this in another post, but we are currently reworking our server architecture so that features like this will be possible. Unfortunately, I don’t have a solution for you at the current time.

When do you think this feature will be ready?

I don’t have a timeline for this yet, but it won’t be before next spring.

Hi - just checking in on above. Any update? Thanks!

Hi @wgrace22!

Unfortunately, this feature is still not implemented. I definitely agree it would be very valuable; I often think of the context of selling your home and passing your Rachio on to the new owner. For now, our biggest recommendation is to always set your controller up on your account, and just share complete access with people like your landscapers. That way, if you do switch landscapers, you just take away that access and send it to the new company. That being said, I will make sure to log your feedback for our product team. Ben mentioned this, but we are reworking our architecture to give us more flexibility when it comes to adding features. Moving into this season and next year, I think this change will give us the opportunity to really bring this community to it’s full potential by listening to real time feedback and being able to quickly react to requests. I know this doesn’t solve the immediate issue, but I hope that gives some more context to the situation :slight_smile:

McKynzee :rachio:

2 Likes

Hi McKynzee,
Has this issue been resolved? I’m in the same boat where I’m trying to take over an existing controller and I’m getting an error saying it’s already assigned.

@3550RachioMarlboro This should help enable the transferring of the controller.

:cheers: