Soil moisture fill/empty

Yes! Thanks

and Duration.

I believe another simple way to understand Flex Scheduling is; Because of parameters set, the system knows how long to run to replenish the root zone, ETo dictates the frequency of days.

Within a climate with large seasonality changes, this is why flex scheduling works so well. You do not need to create changes to frequency of watering events to keep to the season, it is built into the scheduling engine.

Yes of course, duration, I’m losing it.

This is a good breakdown of levers.

:cheers:

I’m having the same issues. Both the Fill and empty buttons give the same result.

Ack! I wanted my fruit trees to turn on tonight so I hit the “empty” button. It’s now at field capacity! I’ll have to take it out of flex to get it to turn on tonight I guess :frowning:

We will finish up the slider on Monday and hopefully release. iOS and Android are ready to release as well and now incorporate soil moisture graphs per zone (and also display each zone’s current soil moisture level without going to the graph)

It will allow you to set the day before today to any level you want. Spent a lot of time on this part, and adjusting the moisture level for today was very difficult when you factor in events that aren’t really time based (i.e. evapotranspiration + precipitation) that we record for the entire day. I think this will still cover most use cases. Also fixed defects where if you were over saturated it will pull the moisture level down to the percent you choose (well very very close, there are some rounding issues). Before you had to empty a couple of times. Good 'ol recursion :wink:

Hope this helps. Just finishing up some Web pieces, but everything else is ready.

We pushed out new code that will truly empty/fill start of today. Note this will still be affected by today’s ET and precip values which can offset the moisture balance in either direction.

Decided not to release a slider bar, want to keep this as simple as possible for now and watch how this feature is being used.

1 Like

Oh BTW, iOS and Android released today to support viewing and adjusting moisture graph in mobile.

2 Likes

Nice! Simple and easy to use and understand!

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks - This really helps. I’ve been putting some of my zones on flex and some on fixed to see how they both do. It really helps to be able to adjust the moisture balance when moving the zones from fixed schedules to flex. Very nice addition!

2 Likes

That solved my problems. Thank you. :wink:

Since there is no slider, then button pushers like me get into trouble by trying it out without any way of going back to where we were. Can you add an “undo” button?

I’ll put this in the backlog and we will prioritize accordingly.

Thanks!

I have moisture sensors too, and I don’t understand why my only two options for adjustment of soil moisture are 0 and 100% (i.e. empty and fill). Seems to me that you could walk around with a sensor and set the actual percentages and give the controller a much better idea of what to do. Having a portable sensor could also help the controller “learn” the drain rate. Anyway, the feature seems really hobbled by only being able to adjust to either endpoint, and nowhere in between.

1 Like

Agreed. This is definitely in our backlog, will get to this as soon as we can.

I am having a hard time understanding why this particular tool needs to be complicated by adding a slide for %. What is this tools particular purpose? Is it to make a quick correction to input variables either from zone parameters or weather data being off from actual condition in the ground, YES. Is it to fine tune parameter settings NO. IF you want to add choices to the slide OK. Keep them simple and relevant to what is being accomplished. Depleted, Water at next available time or Saturated Delay water 1 day, or 2 days. If these options do not correct the issue, chances are it is improper setting or weather data that needs to be address.

If you want to be able to do this, maybe it should be an option within the zone setup menu but probable not in a quick correction tool.

@ETIrrigation, are you referring to the slider @bhochenedel mentioned for a moisture sensor?

I am referring to the zone Moisture Fill/Empty tool under iro’s zone moisture balance graph.

@ETIrrigation, okay thanks for clarifying.

Are you recommending we add more options to the Fill/Empty tool?

Assuming this is for soil/moisture sensor data. If so, then we’d probably want to separate user quick edits from sensor calibration edits. Let me know if we’re on the same page.

I would prefer it stayed just as it is. Empty/Fill no need for a slider here.

2 Likes