Smart watering not shown in History

I have my six zones enabled for smart cycle. I have soil set up as clay. Yet when I look at the history, it just displays each zone ran normally for 42 minutes then moved on to the next zone until all were completed. It does not reflect looping around in the way smart cycle is suppose to. Am I missing something?

Do you have any “misters” or Bubblers set up? If so they will prevent the smart cycling.

This is correct. Here is a matrix showing nozzle types/slope/soil type maximum recommended run times. Using this chart you can see what is supported, and how it will break your schedule into cycle/soak runs.

http://support.rachio.com/article/283-smart-cycle-overview

support@rachio.com can help review your watering times to determine the optimal cycle/soak setup.

:beers:

For my landscape zone I have drip irrigation so it is set up as “emitter nozzle”. Is that wrong? Would that count as mister or bubbler? If so, what should I change it to?

Thanks again all. Really appreciate the help.

Bubbler, mister, emitter as a group do not matter in our system. Know that any one of those is not a candidate for cycle/soak. Which you pick (out of that group) is more for your benefit than ours. The thing that matters out of that group is the true precip rate (in/hr).

[/quote]

Bubbler, mister, emitter as a group do not matter in our system. Know that any one of those is not a candidate for cycle/soak. [/quote]

But then what do I pick for drip irrigation to allow the cycle/soak?

Typically cycle/soak is only used where you are worried about run off. I would think anything using drip irrigation that would not be a problem?

If you truly want it, then just pick or create a nozzle type that is not in the emitter family (fixed, rotor, rotary).