Showing watering occurred, didn't water...what gives?

@cdavis It looks like all of your zones watered yesterday, can you PM me a screenshot of any discrepancy. Thanks.

:cheers:

Sure, I think that may be some of the issue. In an effort to get ahead of some recent problems with runs not happening and a stressed lawn, I emptied the zones yesterday thinking that would trigger a run today.

The moisture levels seem to think that happened, but in fact it didn’t.

So this is the beauty, and bane of dynamic scheduling.

Looking at the audit, the forecast called for a considerable amount of rain in the morning. The forecast called for .28in of rain, well enough to offset the daily watering. Now as you can see the forecast is calling for .13in of precip, which is not enough to offset the .16in of crop ET, hence why the simulator thinks it should have run today.

I’m going to spend some time next week to see if we can fix that display issue, so at least it doesn’t show the faux watering event.

Hope this helps.

Skipping watering because we should be ok without watering before the next possible watering date of 2016-06-30 based on the forecast

WaterEntry=WaterEntry(date=2016-06-29T12:00:00.000Z, evapotranspiration=0.16, cropEvapotranspiration=0.14, irrigationEvents=, effectiveRain=0.28, soilMoistureLevelAtStartOfDay=0.0, temperatureMin=64, temperatureMax=82, depletion=1.0, stationId=null, exposure=1.0, cropCoefficient=0.88, depthOfWater=0.38, humidityAvg=0.7, cloudCoverAvg=0.63, dewPointAvg=66.2, windspeedAvg=4.97, solarRadiationAvg=null)"

1 Like

Makes perfect sense, and I agree about the forecast. I do think doing something about the phantom watering event would make this even more clear.

That would be FANTASTIC – it would at least stop a lot of confusion I’ve seen here on the forums.

2 Likes

So just to clarify - these phantom watering events that are showing…they’ll be disregarded/erased overnight and the system will water tomorrow if needed?

@cdavis Yes, it is a display only issue.

I think the I’ve fixed the phantom irrigation events issue.

Essentially, if the controller didn’t flex water today, and it’s after the scheduled time for the flex daily to run, the graph will now show a irrigation event tomorrow (with a depleted zone) and not today.

1 Like

@franz. That awesome. It should save a lot of confusion. Nice job!!! :iro:

Outstanding!