Showing watering occurred, didn't water...what gives?

I got your DM - look at my records again and you’ll see that 96% was reported because of an irrigation event that didn’t happen this morning.

My system is showing .48 put down by irrigation on the 9th - that didn’t occur!

Hi Cliff, I was looking at your moisture graphs and I see where the confusion is. What you are seeing now on the graph is a prediction. Your schedule was supposed to run this morning, but seeing your weather station is reporting 100% precipitation, the schedule was delayed. So now, your watering day has been pushed out until the soil saturation goes below your MAD. You should see your moisture graph get updated tomorrow after it accounts for the rain you are going to get today. See this article for more info on how the MAD principle works!

2 Likes

My front did a similar thing I think.

The zone detail shows that it ran for 0.52"

But the watering history shows that zone didn’t even run.

Are you saying that when the graph was generated Iro planned on running, but when it updated the plan it decided not to, and thus the graph (and moisture level)will be updated to account for the change?

I think this may be new behavior since 2.6? If so, it’s not a good change. It makes reading the flex moisture graphs just about useless.

Please change this back rachio.

It will definitely generate more work for Rachio when people check in to see and get mixed reporting and then contact support.

I don’t know the logistics of the programming, but it would make the most sense to me to update the graphs at the same time as the program run determination is made.

@cdavis and @Dub9, see my write up at http://community.rachio.com/t/display-bug/4719/3 . Same issue - I had a couple of ideas of how I’d like to see it handled, but perhaps there are some better ones.

I believe this happened to me this morning too. Scheduled watering events did not occur. There’s no rain in the future or near past. I’m keeping track and will file when I know more.

@obmd1, If you are watching throughout the day, look at the Crop ET. It will change as weather conditions change (temp, wind, etc). So that in turn will make your MAD change – so in some cases it has nothing to do with the predicted precip amount changing. I don’t know how often the moisture level chart is updated, but it does happen throughout the day.

My only complaint about this is that this isn’t the way it worked a few weeks ago - if a watering didn’t happen, it wasn’t shown in the moisture chart when using Flex.

What’s changed is that it is now showing a watering that didn’t happen, until the next day in my case.

Granted, it’s just for us data nerds who like to look at the graph daily (okay, multiple times daily) but it’s not as accurate as it used to be, and could be.

Agree totally! And it probably only does affect us data nerds! :grin:

Thanks for the response.

I just don’t like how the data is presented now - the inclusion of a watering record on that report when a watering doesn’t take place, even if it is corrected/updated the next day - leaves me with the impression that something in the system failed.

Well and it just looks like something in the system failed, you know?

I can understand not having a record of some kind in the regular logs when using Flex because I assume that the given zone was within my defined Allowed Depletion levels.

With this sort of strange new way of leaving the irrigation record in the chart even when it hasn’t occurred it just makes it feel like the system has failed in some way.

It doesn’t feel right, even though I can understand the logic behind it. The presentation of the data was better before.

This same thing happened to me this morning. And the lawn really needs it

@lunker74

Normally you will sometimes see this behavior if the forecast is slightly off what we determine one hour before the flex schedule will run. Unfortunately this morning some controllers (Gen 2 only) would not have run their flex schedules due to a connectivity issue from this morning.

Any flex daily schedules that were scheduled to run today (and soil moisture was depleted) will run tomorrow.

If you’d like to run a schedule today, you can either add zones to the remote and run manually, or build a schedule with your zones, disable it, and then just run the schedule manually.

Sorry if this has caused any issues, the connectivity problem we experienced will be monitored properly to prevent this in the future.

Thanks for the info

@franz Good to know. I noticed that several of my zones didn’t fire today and was wondering if I did something wrong on my end. Glad to hear that they’ll water tomorrow.

1 Like

This happened again this morning.

Same Here. 6-29.

@cdavis It looks like all of your zones watered yesterday, can you PM me a screenshot of any discrepancy. Thanks.

:cheers:

Sure, I think that may be some of the issue. In an effort to get ahead of some recent problems with runs not happening and a stressed lawn, I emptied the zones yesterday thinking that would trigger a run today.

The moisture levels seem to think that happened, but in fact it didn’t.