Seasonal shift. Stations times don't match Total Watering Time

My Rachio did a seasonal shift today, which is great. A couple of quirks though.

In the app, the new “Total Watering Time” read 15 minutes, but the station totals (6, 4, 4, 2) add up to 16.

In the email update alerting me to this seasonal change, it also told me the “Total Watering Time” was being reduced to 15 minutes, but the station totals (5, 4, 4, 1) add up to 14.

When I start tweaking the station times in the app, they add up to a correct total again, but curious why there might be these discrepancies in app/email and why the seasonally adjusted station times weren’t adding up to Total Watering time.

Thanks!

Hi @motifone (again :smile:)
So the issue here comes down to rounding errors. Seasonal shift adjusts by percentages, so this often takes your times to something like 5 min and 32 sec. We don’t display second, so that’s probably why it is adding up wrong. Weird that the email displayed something different than the app… I’m assuming one rounds down to the nearest whole and one rounds up, and that caused the issue? I will make sure to let the team know because these should be consistent! Thanks for letting us know, and let me know if I can answer any other questions!
McKynzee :rachio:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! The rounding up makes sense and seems like that would be the reason for the numbers mismatch. It’s a great feature that the unit takes into account seasonal shifts. Thanks for looking into the app vs. email reporting of those numbers!

1 Like