Rainbird WR2 connection to outdoor Rachio

I have the Gen2 inside an outdoor enclosure. I just purchased the Rainbird WR2 since their are no “trusted” weather stations nearby. I’d like to see what others have come up with for their setup for this outdoors. There aren’t anymore holes other than for the power and valves, so the only waterproof option I’ve come up with is drilling another hole on the bottom and finding and appropriate connector at the store. Has anyone else done anything different or have I overlooked something obvious?

@Twm23drexel

I can’t help with the hardware, but just curious if you tried searching for personal weather stations in your neighborhood?

:cheers:

I did look at some closer PWSs, but they still were a few miles away.

I was thinking of something like this:
Cable Gland, eLander Plastic Waterproof Adjustable 3.5 - 13mm Cable Gland Joints, PG7, PG9, PG11, PG13.5, PG16, Pack of 20 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ICZAJL4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_SaxIyb94CTC12

Hey @brad, what do you think?

I might be a little confused on this one. If you want to get wire from the WR2 to the controller, there should be enough space through the same hole for the valve wiring. If not, your approach to drill a new hole and use one of those cable glands looks like a good one.

So the holes for the valve and power are both being occupied by liquidtite conduit. The valve wiring comes from underground right to the connection and the power comes directly from a subpanel to the Rachio through a different liquidtute conduit. Other external sensors don’t really have a way to get in other than the gasketed strain relief I could find. Thanks for the replies!