"Rain Sensor Activated" notifications received every two minutes for hours

If you can send wiring pictures to [support@rachio.com] they can help resolve this issue.

:cheers:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Seems as the rain sensor is a bit sensitive or we have large rain drops here in Houston. One fortunate thing with all this rain is it has given me several chances to verify the sensor. It seems during the initial rainfall the rain drops hit the needle on top of the mini click causing the alternating status’s. Once the sensor becomes saturated the active status sticks until it drys out. So all is well after the reboot.

2 Likes

I,had a mini click that would flutter in and out. Once I replaced with a wr2, things are good.

2 Likes

Im having same issues and it is FRUSTRATING to say the least. Was working fine all of last year and beginning of this year but now constant barage of notifications without any Deactivated messages. I dont think its a clean out issue as I (and many others on this thread) have tried it. Please take a look and let us know how to solve this issue which is effecting multiple users.

Thanks in advance

I too experienced this problem in the past. I have a wireless rain sensors Irritrol RS1000. I as well took it apart to clean, I also changed out the two batteries 3V CR2032 batteries. Reassembled and haven’t had any of the repeated issues since.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I am also getting “Rain Sensor Activated” notifications without Deactivated notifications. RainBird sensor.

Same history is logged in the PC portal, so it’s not just errant APNS notifications. It’s actually being sent from Rachio device to servers.

Had been working fine for months. I’ll try changing the battery.

I would also try cleaning or replacing the part that trips the sensor (cork?)

:cheers:

1 Like

@kwillms This support article has some helpful guidelines for cleaning rain sensors :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Rain sensor activated issue