Rachio has developed Alzheimer's - forgot all zone names

Woke up this morning and asked Rachio to “Water Side Yard 1” via Google Home and her response was there was no zone named Side Yard 1. I tried all 11 zones. She doesn’t remember them. She had them down pretty good yesterday. I had to resort to zone numbers. Any ideas? The zones show up in the Android app and web app.

After further testing, it appears Rachio voice has forgotten a whole lot more than just the names of my zones. It nearly always defaults to the prompt that ends with ‘tell me what you want to do’, then it doesn’t recognize the commmand or says there is no zone with the name used.

Side note: Did Rachio always say the full name in the prompt? I just heard this today.

How does one get voice control? I am good at Irrigation, but not a lot of computer things.

1 Like

You need Google Home speaker and/or the Google Home/Assistant phone app. In the settings is a section called Assistant Apps listed in alphabetical order. Scroll to Rachio and link your account to Google Home. More information here: http://support.rachio.com/article/602-google-assistant

Thanks! I will give it a try.

Hey @JSCSJSCS-

Are you still running into issues with your Google Home integration being forgetful :wink:?

McKynzee :rachio:

Nope. First thing Monday morning, it remembered all the commands and zones again. Is there a server or something at Rachio that is running to interpret the voice commands? Maybe that computer hiccuped for a time?

I would actually guess it was a hiccup on Google’s end as we don’t have a lot of control over that integration… but I don’t feel like Google ever hiccups :wink:?