Rachio Gen 3 unable to connect to WiFi

I just installed mine and it will not connect to the Wi-Fi. What’s the best practice to get it going? I’ve tried to unplug it and I’ve retried 10 times. I’m now tired of it.

Hey I downloaded Route This and ran the test. Here’s my code

Can you help please?

5HE94P6B

[quote=“vbeckwith, post:205, topic:12132, full:true”]

I’m having zero luck connecting. I downloaded Route This and ran the test. Here’s my code

Can you help please?

5HE94P6B

Hello Rachio team,

I’m having issues setting up WiFi in my Gen3 Rachio for the first time.

Error: “An unexpected error occurred. Try again.”

Here are some details for you guys:

1. Gen 3 Rachio
  2. Tried both 5ghz and 2.4ghz (different SSIDs)
  3. Tried from different locations (closer to the router)
  4. Using Netgear Nighthawk router with updated firmware
  5. First blue/white light is on, second amber light blinks.
  6. I’ve already tried factory resetting the device a few times.
  7. I’ve restarted my router
  8. I’m using latest iOS app on iOS 13.4

Same issue and specs/steps as gs1. Seems like this is an issue that Rachio is unable to fix, given its a yearly reoccurring issue. Shrug.

@gs1 and @gizbug -

Have you seen this post? →

There appears to be a new, known issue with iOS 13.4 and iPhone 11s. Try the workaround mentioned.

@zachio reached out to me in a DM. I had the same issue - iPhone 11 + iOS 13.4.

I tried with another iPhone 11, but iOS 13.3.1 and it worked instantly. Now that iOS 13.4.1 is out, I’m not sure if that resolved this issue.

Just FYI, as an old techie, I do not allow my phone to autoupdate. Too many chances of problems with apps (all of them, not just Rachio). I wait until at least the x.x.1 or x.x.2 update is out, and then I update my phone manually. Has saved me from lots of problems.

1 Like

I am also getting the “Unable to Connect” error. How do I fix this?!

@RNadler, see ->

Wont work with iPhone 11 & iOS 13.4.0

If this is not the situation, please explain in detail what is being used and the process being attempted.

1 Like

Same issue connecting a new Rachio 3 to wifi. Gen 1 has been bulletproof running on wifi.

Second quadrant is blinking yellow, never gets past that.
Able to select the network, but always get “unexpected error”
Amplifi HD Mesh network. I’ve tried connecting to both the mesh and the separate 5G ssid.
I’ve tried multiple hard resets and wifi resets
iPhone X running 13.3.1. Also tried using the Mac wifi workaround with same failure

Opened support ticket this morning: 735073
Ran RouteThis: 4TJJWGHF

Having the same issue. This is incredibly aggravating for a brand new high end controller to not work out of the box.

Hey @Halfdot

So sorry for the interruption. As @DLane mentioned above:

If you’re not on iPhone11 or iOS 13.4.0, please shoot a note to support@rachio.com so we can help troubleshoot!

:cheers:

Having the same issue Rachio 3 not connecting to WiFi, I have tried all links with hitting the WiFi button until amber flashing about 4 times now and it still does the same thing. Gets to the 4th blinking white light and says it does not discover my controller to connect to WiFi
Did Routethis Code: V3V9QYDA
Not sure what else to do?

Cheers

Cannot connect to WIFI during initial installation.

@James2 Let’s start with your phone make/model and go from there. Thanks!

:cheers:

Apple IPhone X

Can you explain the issue you are seeing? Also, if you can run this and provide the generated code I will have the engineering team review. Thanks and have a great day!

I also am having issues connecting to wifi.

• Tried resetting WiFi and doing full reset by holding the stop button
  • tried connecting to WiFi puck as well

AP: eero pro
Route this code: UKMUEK2Z

What type of iPhone are you using to onboard?