Rachio Gen 3 unable to connect to WiFi

@Markj - the code needed it RACH (I believe).

Rachio doesn’t support WEP security protocol, only WPA or WPA2. If WEP (not to be confused with WPS) is enabled as a security option on the router Rachio won’t connect.

Security is WPA2

Fixed. Had to download and print what the light signals meant

1 Like

Wow! Things went from bad to awesome really quick! I had to unplug plug back in, translate the light codes and bam! Easy set up. Thanks

2 Likes

@Markj - thanks for the update. Welcome to the community!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Help. At my wits end…about to give up. Can’t connect Gen1 or Gen3

OK - I have a Ubiquiti Unifi system at home and was having no end of issues getting Homekit to enable.

Long story short - disabled the SSID I was using on the 2.4GHz band across all AP’s and left it enabled only on 5GHz. Then ran setup. Working perfectly now but the initial hour trying everything else failed.

Rachio 3 might be a dual band device but it has serious issues doing firmware updates or Home kit setup when both radios are available.

Regards,
Shane.

I haven’t noticed any issues with my Gen 3 unit and Ubiquiti network…

What’s the latest firmware version (Gen3)? Any changelog/history of firmware to view online yet?

Not connecting!

@Wesleychang1981

I have the same problem, the light keeps blinking and it won’t connect.
My router is Motorola and its using WPA2. I am using iOS.

All it needed was a reset factory.

1 Like

I just bought the third generation controller and am having the same problem. There is no watch can make it join the network. I read the thread, downloaded EouteThisHelps and ran it. The code it provided is 9UQVSCH8. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mauro

@mjatalla -

a little more information would be helpful (for the non-Rachio folks on the board, the Rachio folks can look up the RouteThis code information)!

Is WEP enabled on the network? Is so, disable it. Only WPA and WPA2 is supported.
Same SSIDs for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, try different names.
Mesh network?
WiFi router make/model?
What flavor of operating system is being used to setup the Rachio - iOS or Android? Try iOS if you can.

Not able to connect my brand new Rachio. A bit disappointed but hoping for a quick fix.

Model: 8ZULW-C
SN: VC1520896

Please advise, tried 2.4/5ghz networks.

[Edit; Resolved, WiFi was turned off on phone. App didn’t complain, so didn’t know. Just said it couldn’t add so try resetting WiFi on Rachio…]

2 Likes

Another Tenda Nova MW6 user here that is unable to connect. There were some good deals on this WiFi system recently and is one of the cheaper mesh solutions so there may be some new users out there with issues. For now I can run a old access point for the Rachio but so far it is the only device I have out of 30+ devices in my home that have this issue.

@jaymode I’ll followup with our WiFi vendor next week to see if they’ve made any progress on this router.

:cheers:

2 Likes

I’ve had my gen 3 for 6 months with wifi issues off and on, usually fixed by power cycling. But for the last few weeks I have barely been able to connect. I have a Netgear Orbi router, which uses the same SSID for both bands. There is no option to use a separate SSID. Power cycling the router seems to help sometimes, but not for long. I shouldn’t have to power cycle a router daily to keep a single device happy. All other devices, including wifi cameras in the same area, work just fine. Why can’t Rachio fix these issues???

@inglewtx - I’d recommend running the RouteThis app and send the key into Rachio support so they can have some additional information on the network setup.

I also use a Netgear Orbi Router with 2 satellites and just one SSID and my Rachio Gen 3 works without a problem. I agree with @DLane recommendations

1 Like