Rachio 3 Power Cycle

My Rachio 3 power cycles at least once everyday since installed last Thursday. Is it normal?

1 Like

@jk_ma I’m sorry to hear this is. Is it normally operating (irrigating, blue light, etc) most of the time? Is there a specific time of the day when this is happening?

It is operating normally but it just power cycles on its own at least once everyday randomly at no specific time. What would make it power cycle by itself?

I am a new user of Gen3 installed a week ago. Noticed controller power cycled twice in the night, both the times I noticed it was raining, not sure if this is just coincidence or there is some power spikes going on. Did not notice any issues with other home appliances during the same time. Appreciate any inputs…Thanks!

@timber - Add me to the list as my controller power cycled 3x in the past 4 days. Is this an issue with the Gen 3?

@timber - Mine power cycled 7 times in under 2 hours last night. It has power cycled multiple times a day ever since I installed it.

@pablomich Would you mind providing a little information about your system?

How many zones do you have wired up?
How many commons are you using?
Do you have any accessories (rain, flow, etc)?
Is your Rachio plugged into a socket that’s connected to a switch?
What kind of wifi network are you on?

Can you also make sure that your power supply is well connected to the device?

I installed my new v3 on Tuesday. It power cycled itself 2x the first night, none since. It’s a 16 zone controller, I have nine zones wired. All zones are working. 1 common. It is on a wall plug that is not connect to a switch.

11 Zones
2 commons
No accessories
No, the plug has continuous power
2.4 ghz (goes offline quite a bit despite strong signal, not sure if that’s power related)

I will double check but I have unplugged and plugged back in a few times so should be secure.

Add me to the list. My controller has powered Cycled 3 times in short order both yesterday (12:32pm, 1:11pm, 1:32pm) and today ( (1:52pm, 1:55pm, 2:38pm)

16 Zone Controller

• 14 Zones Connected (all working)
  • 2 Common Wires
  • No accessories connected
  • No, the plug has continuous power
  • 2.4 GHz (goes offline quite a bit it seems, haven’t been able to track down the root of this yet)

@SamE0717

Thank you for reporting. We are working on a way to capture more data to better understand the issue.

:cheers:

1 Like

Same issue here. Gen 3.

• 8 zones
  • 1 common wire
  • 1 Rainbird WR2 rain sensor
  • 5 ghz Wi-Fi
  • continuous power

Add me to the list. Upgraded from rachio 2.
8 zones
1 common wire
1 Rainbird WR2 rain :umbrella: sensor
2 & 5 ghz wifi

Add me to the list. My controller has powered cycled several days (May 10, 11, 12, 19, Today, 7:10am, 7:34am, 7:37am, 1:37pm), please don’t blame router, no issues with Gen2…

16 Zone Controller

1 Zones Connected (working)
1 Common Wires
No accessories connected
No, the plug has continuous power
2.4 GHz

Any further info?? I’m guessing my N66R router is not supported with Gen 3?? Still power cycling and currently offline.

@trav

Our hardware team is actively reviewing data findings with new firmware and test configurations. Will let you know as soon as we know more.

My Rachio generation 3 has yet to work on its own. Yesterday it showed “Power Cycle” at 2:52am, 2:53am, and 5:29am. I have excellent wifi signal and speed. Looks like there is an issue that others are experiencing also.

@davewilkinson We will be sending out new firmware that should hopefully resolve some of these issues. The new firmware will be out by end of tomorrow. If you are still experiencing let me know and we can look further.

Just noticed another power cycle this morning at 9:06am PDT and a new firmware version 5.504 under technical info. Is this the new firmware to fix the power cycle issue? Please advise.

@jk_ma

That is the latest R3 firmware, please let us know if you continue to see power cycle (hardware reboot) issues.