Rachio 2 won't turn off any zone

So I just installed my rachio 2, got on prime day, having issue getting it to work properly. During set up I did the zone 1 then went to 2 and the controller shut off. I unplugged and plugged back in, waited for it to boot up then continued. Set up zone 2 and went to 3 and it shut off. I can manually activate each zone via the app or the controller, but they will not shut off unless I unplug the controller. If I shut if off on the app or controller it continues to run even if I try a different zone, sometimes it will turn on the other zone and they will both be running and then the control will go dead. If I unplug the control the zone that is running will shut off, but I cannot get it to run properly. I do have a master valve which I did try un hooking and just turning on and running the zones, but it does not change anything. Any suggestions? Possibly a bad controller? I had a Hunter Pro-C installed previously. Thanks

Can you post a picture of the wiring on the Rachio2?

1 Like

Are you using an original power supply or did you have to switch yours, perhaps to support 220V line voltage?

What you are describing sounds very similar to a behavior of the Rachio controller while running on a DC power supply.

1 Like

I just have the control plugged into an outlet with the plug provided.

What were the 3 wires to the bottom right of the picture hooked to on the old controller(black, light brown, and brown)?

@kylet45 - One other thing to check is that the solenoids are AC solenoids and not DC latching ones.

Nothing, they are extra. They aren’t stripped at the end. I took each wire off the old control and hooked up one by one.

Can you take a picture of your power supply? I’m interested in the label on it, so you may need to unplug it in order to see the specifications.

Thank you,
Gene

The plug that came in the box with the unit.

I’m very sorry, but this is definitely a wrong plug. 18VDC output is far from the necessary 24VAC. Because this is a DC supply, it also explains why the valves do not shut off after the zone has completed a cycle. Rachio controller is not compatible with a DC supply voltage.

Seems that the unit you’ve gotten is not brand new, and even if it was not used, perhaps someone has returned it at some point, including a wrong supply while they’ve done so.

Not sure what @rachiosupport can do about your situation, perhaps the best course of action would be to contact Amazon support and ask for a replacement.

1 Like

Well that sucks. I just called and they said to return to Amazon.

Would they still give you a discount for prime day deal on the replacement? I’d reach out to @rachiosupport, maybe they would be able to price match the prime day’s discount on a new Gen 2 controller?

Basically the prime deal was not really a deal at 149. So I requested a return and ordered from rachio at 149 with a 10% off code they gave me. Thank you!

1 Like