Phantom Quick Runs at sunset starting last week

Since July 2nd my Rachio controller is initiating a phantom 10 minute quick run that I’m not asking for and then leaving the controller in Standby until midnight. The pattern has been this:

Jul 2 - 10:30pm 10 minute Quick Run, does zones 1 through 7 for 0-2 seconds each, then zone 8 for 10 minutes, leaves controller in Standby. At midnight, controller goes out of Standby.
Jul 3 - 9:03pm, same thing happens. Turns off standby at midnight again.
Jul 4 - 9:02pm, same thing…
Jul 5 - 9:02pm, same thing…
Jul 6 - 9:02pm, same thing…
Jul 7 - 9:02pm, same thing…
Jul 8 - 9:01pm, same thing…

It’s hard to tell exactly what’s happening because each night puts about 50 messages into the history log. The 10:30pm time of start on the 2nd doesn’t fit the pattern, but otherwise those times are exactly matched to sunset in my location.

Any ideas as to why my controller is suddenly possessed? I’ve confirmed it’s not coming from any other integrations (all the logs just say “The rachio integration initiated…”). Just to be sure, I’ve double-checked my SmartThings setup (I’ve never added the Rachio to my ST environment) and my Home Assistant setup (it can see the controller but is not using it in any automation setups). I’m stumped.

Of course, right after I finished typing, I had a hunch and figured out the cause. On July 2nd at 10:30pm, I set up (and tested) an automation in Home Assistant to turn a light on at sunset. The automation is having the desired effect of managing the light, so i have NO idea why it’s also triggering a 10 minute Quick Run!! But, at least the source of the issue is now known.

3 Likes

Yeah, looks like an integration that was setup is triggering all of these.

:cheers:

Screenshot%20from%202019-07-09%2008-50-15