Personal weather station with weather intelligence plus

Quick question. I’m thinking about getting my own weather station, but have little interest in adding it to Weather Underground. Will Weather Intelligence Plus use my weather station?

@Woodrow

If you are just looking for accurate precipitation data I’d recommend finding a station on the map close to your house. Here are my thoughts on our two options.

Interpolated weather data that you don’t have to worry about stations going down or not reporting precipitation which takes the burden off the homeowner of making sure they have an accurate reporting station. Interpolated data is great but won’t be exactly the measured amount that a PWS would give you near the house.

The ability to choose from over 250,000 PWS stations (Gen 1/2 has about 40,000 PWS stations). I’m also wrapping up a WI plus feature that will self “heal” a chosen station, always making sure you are using one that is online, automatically choosing the next closest station.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: PWS not showing up for Gen 3

Thanks, Franz! I may decide to get the weather station, and add it to WU. I can’t help it. I’m a tech geek. If not, you’re suggesting a weather station near my house rather than WI+ aggregated data?

If you know of an accurate one that is always online and close, interpolated data will never match that :wink:

:cheers:

Hi Franz-
I just upgraded from gen 2 to gen 3. I have an AcuRite PWS & Access with Weather Underground forecast. My question is, should I just use my PWS or use the Intelligent Plus, which I assume would incorporate my PWS into the network.
Regards-
Charlie

I would recommend using your PWS. It will be more accurate and timely.

:cheers: