@emil The shallow root depth is as measured the last time I changed it. The maximum roots as measured at the time were 6" deep. For summer of 2016 I reduced it from 6" to 4" as recommended by support as that were my shortest roots and I was having such problems with drying out during July and August I ended up with a chinch bug infestation due to heat and drought stress. Problem is the same settings are causing overwater during the off season.
The soil tests I performed four times in multiple locations. The results came up as mostly clay loam with small pockets of clay. I had two other people follow the same instructions with me and we all agreed on the results that the soil came up as clay loam.
I threw away my catch cap results after I was created my new sprinkler head. I did purchase an actual kit to measure and was going to try again. Previously I measured in 4 spots. This kit comes with 10 cups to measure to get a better average of the zone.
You are correct that I am showing a default nozzle on this zone. This zone was able to use a default nozzle and yet from my measurements and yet it is more saturated than the ones with the custom rotators.
This all still doesn't address my other concern. If I fill a zone manually the algorithm is calculating my soil as drying out far faster than it is for the conditions during the moderate months. It seems to think the soil can lose roughly 40% off it's moisture in 4 days when the temperatures are only in the 50s to 60s with humidity in the mid 40s and overcast skies with little wind and the grass isn't even growing yet. I can put a moisture probe in the ground and find the soil in the first 3 inches has gone from wet+ to wet during that same time and I can easily penetrate the soil my fingers.