Only One Stations Runs When Manual All Stations is Selected

We’re in the middle of a heat wave in my area with highs in the upper 90’s. Rachio decided not to water this morning because there is rain in the forecast so I used the Droid app to tell the system to run all stations manually. Only the first station ran. Nothing more after that. I’m at my office now telling the system to run each station individually utilizing the Droid app but I have no idea if they’re actually running.

Why would the controller only run one station if All Stations was selected?

@Mudinyeri We haven’t had any reports of the remote behaving like that and just tested that feature locally on Android and it seems to be working fine.

When you get home can you try running all zones and make sure all the lights on the controller light up. When an LED is solid color on the controller it is queued up to water. When it is flashing that zone is watering.

The only other thing I can think of is when the controller hit one of the zones there was a faulty solenoid and it stopped the schedule.

Please let us know after troubleshooting if you still see this behavior. If you’d like to reach out to [support@rachio.com] they can also help troubleshoot.

:cheers:

Tried this. While Zone 1 ran, the Status light was solid blue. At the end of Zone 1’s cycle, the WiFi light began to blink green. Zone 2 did not start and the app showed 0 minutes remaining on the All Stations cycle.

@Mudinyeri If it isn’t transitioning to the next zone it sure seems like a wiring issue or solenoid.

Can you take picture(s) of your wiring and reach out to [support@rachio.com] to help troubleshoot?

They can help narrow down this issue.

Thanks.

It was working fine. Nothing changed on my end. My guess, based on decades of IT experience, is firmware update to the controller or update to the app.

@Mudinyeri Just wanted to relay that your controller rebooted as soon as it started zone 2. You might want to do a solenoid review. The only time we have ever seen this happen is when a solenoid is going bad.

Here are the gory details showing a reboot exactly when that zone starts. support@rachio.com can help you troubleshoot a faulty zone.

2016-06-14 11:53:43.528 UTC [Device] manualRunMultipleDurations putting on stack zone:2 with duration:300
2016-06-14 11:53:45.406 UTC [Device] popping a schedule
2016-06-14 11:53:45.418 UTC [Device] Turning on zone 2
2016-06-14 11:53:45.418 UTC [Device] Turning on zone :2
2016-06-14 11:53:45.418 UTC [Device] (table : 0x2000edf0)
2016-06-14 11:53:52.921 UTC [Status] Device connected
2016-06-14 11:53:52.917 UTC [Agent] device ondisconnect, agent was serving
2016-06-14 11:53:53.448 UTC [Device] device bootup
2016-06-14 11:53:53.463 UTC [Device] initializeDevice coldReboot

Interesting. My system has been in place for nearly 17 years with nary a problem. I guess that either means that I was overdue for something to go wrong or the Rachio controller isn’t managing power properly and burned out a solenoid.

@Mudinyeri, a quick test you can try is to remove the zone wire for zone 2 from the wallmount, then manually run the schedule. Assuming the controller doesn’t power cycle during the manual schedule run, then we can conclude that the solenoid on zone 2 is not working properly and causing the controller to power cycle. If that’s the case, it’s a very easy fix.

1 Like

Thanks. I did this and also ran the station by opening the valve manually. I’m going to try replacing the solenoid valve and see what happens.

2 Likes

@Mudinyeri, please keep us posted after replacing the valve. If you need help finding a replacement solenoid, please let me know the make of the valve and/or feel free to send us a photo to review.

1 Like