Not receiving notifications for schedule running

I don’t seem to be getting push notifications for schedule running. I have gotten them when I manually do a run and it finishes, but nothing else. I have schedule status change turned on which I thought would do it. I actually have all but shared turned on. I’m on Android 9 Pixel 3a and confirmed all notification channels turned on. I do have the app on a Moto X4 also but it’s off most of the time. Any ideas?

I’m having the Android team review Android 9 and notifications.

:cheers:

1 Like

The team confirmed an issue with notifications on this platform. We have fixed the issue and will let you know when the patch is released after more testing.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

EDIT: For future reference, is the community the best way to ask these types of questions or should I submit something through the app? My thinking was someone here might have a non app side fix so I’d ask here first, but I also know the forum usually isn’t the place to guarantee someone will see it.

1 Like

The forum is a stream lined process to the engineering team.

1 Like

@franz When you figure out the notification issue with Android 9, will you pass that info along to Ring, Gmail, etc. so I can get my notifications back! :rofl:

2 Likes

I received schedule started and stopped notifications today. Was a fix released? My schedule hasn’t run since I reported this due to rain so it could have been working for a while and I didn’t notice.

Not yet, hopefully early next week.

I saw a couple app updates on Android roll out over the past week. I assume the fix was in one of them? Unfortunately my schedule ran this morning and I didn’t get a notice even though I have received notifications a few times since I first reported. I realized that every time it has not reported it has been when multiple zones ran. The few times it has reported over the last several weeks has been a single zone. Hopefully that helps troubleshoot.

So definitely hasn’t been fixed and looks like it’s not reporting only with multiple. Yesterday multiple ran and it reported. Today a single ran and no report.

On a related note, I did find the IFTTT email notifications started working.

I have to join this thread too - I also am not getting notifications for the past several weeks. My SmartPhone hasn’t changed nor have I installed a new OS version (Android). Is this going to get fixed?

Notifications are still inconsistent. Was the fix released?

@Farlicimo - if you are using android go to settings look for the Rachio app click on notifications and make sure it is enable

Thanks for the suggestion, but the notifications are hit or miss. I’m using Android 9. Sometimes I get them and sometimes I don’t.

Android 10 now and issue persists. Emails via IFTTT remain pretty reliable.

Try this. No idea why, but I had a similar issue with both my Ring app and Gmail app. Change the notification sound for the Rachio app in the “Apps” section of settings on the phone. When I changed both of the notification sounds on both apps, they instantly started working, and have for months without issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. Will give it a try.

Any progress on this? Just started up my controller, and have not gotten any notifications from the app around scheduled events, but have for ad hoc events. IFTTT has sent email each time.

I only had a small hiccup that was fixed with an Android update. Have you confirmed that you didn’t disable notifications in the OS?

I confirmed it’s on (only 1 option, misc) and have gotten the notifications for ad-hoc runs, just not scheduled. Last fall scheduled was intermittent but I have only had 2 so far this spring so not sure if the same case.