Before installing a Rachio (or after) it is imperative to do a system check. Look for these problems that impair Rachio's abilities:
1. High pressure
2. Mix of rotors and sprays
3. Sunken heads
4. Broken pipe and leaking heads
5. Valve malfunctions
6. Tilted heads
7. Rotors that are not turning
8. Single rows of heads (i.e. no head to head coverage.
9. Low pressure
10. Heads spaced too far apart
11. Heads blocked
12. Mix of adjustable and fixed arc nozzles
13. Hodge podge of different manufacturer nozzles and rotors
This will get you started.
Then you get into landscape and turf issues?
1. Are you mulching
2. Heavy thatch
3. Fertilizing cool season grasses in the summer
4. Mixing plants with different water requirements.
5. Tight clay soils, hardpans
Check these out. Find the problems, flag the problems and fix the problems. Hope this helps someone.