New Rachio 3 serial number not accepted

Hi all,
Is this is a known issue? Received my new Rachio 3 a few days ago. When entering the serial number in to the mobile app, a message appears saying “We had a problem looking up your serial number…” . I’m unable to proceed with registering my Rachio 3. The manual controls work and I can start and stop the sprinklers. I’ve never owned a Rachio product before.

Keep trying. I had one of those several days ago. Try again and make sure your wifi is stable.

Can you PM me (click on my name and send message) the serial number? Thanks. I will have the engineering team review this for you.

:cheers:

@electroBee23 I had the team find the serial number and it looks like there was an issue in the manufacturing process and we did not capture the mac address of the unit.

If you send me the mac address (printed on the label) and number of zones the team will be able to update and get this corrected for you.

Thanks for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. I am reaching out to our manufacturer to determine how this happened on the supply side.

Welcome to the community!

:cheers:

Thanks Franz. It is working now. Great customer. Service experience.

1 Like

I have the same problem, bought yesterday. I called support and they immediately sent it to engineering, but I’ve yet to hear back. Seems like this process error should have been fixed in the last year…

1 Like

Just received a new Rachio 3 on June 30, 2020 and it has the same problem, cannot find the serial number. Called support and they said that they would expedite a new controller to me, but it is now July 5, 2020 and nothing has yet shipped. Let me know is there is another way to fix this, since my sprinkler system is now down in the middle of summer.

1 Like

My system was running fine until my modem had to be reset. Now all is lost!
Will you replace my $10,000.00 in landscaping I put down? How about fixing this known problem now!. PLEASE! If I lose all my hard work I will be very disgruntled.

If it’s just a modem (has a single Ethernet connector), it should not affect Rachio at all. Try rebooting the controller and wait two minutes. If it’s not back on line, report the state of the indicators.

If the ‘modem’ is a gateway with Wi-Fi, log into the gateway and set the SSID (network name) and password as they were before. You’ll know that you’ve done this correctly if e.g. your phone can connect to Wi-Fi without changing any settings on the phone. Then, reboot Rachio as above.

If for some reason you had to change the SSID and/or password, in the Rachio app tap More → Controller Settings → Update Wi-Fi Network. Follow the instructions – your serial number should not be required.

If you still have trouble, report the state of the indicators on the controller and provide details on what you have already tried.

1 Like