Netafim Flow meter/sensor

I have an existing Netafim flow meter installed in the master flow line (copper) for my existing system. Can I use this or must I replace with a recommended sensor?

@jeffhollings It might just work if you know the K-factor and offset. If you know these let us know and we can create a custom option for you to test.

Hope this helps.

:cheers:

Thanks for the response Franz. This meter has a “Reed Switch” which directly counts the flow in gallons. Can that be accommodated?

@jeffhollings Looping in our hardware expert, @Devin Is it possible to use this meter?

:cheers:

@jeffhollings

Hey Jeff,

I would say in general we likely won’t support it at this time. Our firmware can only handle sensors that output a frequency proportional to flow, whereas your sensor sounds like a pulse output type. Those create a pulse signal based on usage it has seen in the last several seconds (e.g. 5 pulses equals 5 gallons). I believe the firmware could be updated to include support for that type of sensor, but I don’t think that feature is in the road map at this time.

Would you happen to know the actual model number of the sensor? I can look it up and be more certain.

Thank you and hope to hear back from you!

Regards,
Devin

1 Like

Devin:

Its Netafim WMR 1" - the WMR stands for “Water Meter Reed Switched”. Do you recommend another Water Meter than can go into a 1" copper pipe?

Thanks
Jeff

1 Like

Hey Jeff,

I looked up that part, and I am fairly confident now that it is the pulse output type. So that’s a no go for now.

However I believe @brad has experience hooking up a 1" CST Flow Sensor to a copper system. I think he could share info of what his setup looks like.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Devin

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I’ve installed the CST flow sensor that Devin mentioned right inline with my copper piping after my backflow preventer. I used a fitting to go from copper to PVC and then made sure I had a ~10" run of PVC before the flow sensor and ~5" after the flow sensor. Then I have another fitting to take it from PVC back to copper. CST also makes a brass flow sensor, but I believe it’s way more expensive. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Brad

1 Like

I would also like to install a flow sensor in the system I am planning right now but unfortunately the supported sensors are too expensive in my opinion. $300 seems pretty steep for a 1" flow sensor. I plan on keeping my eyes open for something more cost effective that I can install in the future.

Regards,

Sean

1 Like

I just installed a Ranchio3 and am really hopeful that you will support my Netafim flow sensor.

Model # is 1" 36M251T.

It may be a pulsing unit.

This Netafim unit was the recommended flow sensor for many folks who are using cyber-rain professional irrigation controls - I had one in my home for about 10 years and have just “upgraded” to Ranchio. By supporting this unit (and pulsing units in general), you will enable a user-base coming from cyber-rain.

Thanks, -mark