Need Increased Precipitation Rate But Not Radius - How To Handle?

I just looked at the PGP nozzle specs. You are in the Grey low angle nozzle category at 50 psi. Use 4.0 low angle or 5.0 low angle for 28 feet. Go to Hunter pgp specs and select the right nozzle.

Been looking at the spec pages for the low angle nozzles

Maybe I’m just not getting something but it doesn’t look like I can do matched precipitation

If I go with the #4 for 180, what do I use for the 90? There’s nothing with lower flow rate?

Unless, I mix nozzles colors?

Call Hunter Tech support tomorrow. 760-591-7383. I don’t think they will say to mix nozzles colors. You need technical assistance from the manufacturer.

Thanks for your input, I’ll be speaking with them tonight…

Spoke to Hunter today - confirmed that the article is meant to demonstrate the theory and can’t be truly achieved…

Unfortunately, the spacing of my rotors means that I’m going to have to experiment with different nozzles and varying degrees of turndown to see how best to get even coverage

He did tell me that it is OK to mix different color nozzles, if needed… so we’ll see if that helps some

He did tell me that since the MP Rotator are shorter and different inlet size than the PGP-ADJ, I’d need to get an adapter (1/2" F-NPT => 3/4" F-NPT with sufficient length to go from 5 7/8" to 7 3/4")

1 Like

I’m glad they gave you some good information.
Hopefully things will work out for the best.

1 Like