Multiple vegetations in a zone

I have multiple types of vegetation in one zone. One zone has both shrubs in the shade by the front of my house and some pop-up sprinkler heads that water grass in full sun about 50 feet away. Don’t ask me why. I know this is not ideal, but it’s the way it was done when the house was built and is really impractical to change at this point. The zones are both equal in area and number of sprinkler heads, so it’s hard to decide which way to answer the questions on my zone setup. I wonder if you could “dummy it down” for me in a future release? (Have the ability to input this information in the setup process and let the software decide which way is best). I’ve tended to err on the side of watering more; I just hope I’m not over-watering my shrubs.

I suppose this post could also go under “support,” as I’d appreciate your advice on what to do at present as you consider this future release option. Thanks!

yea, i would consider mailing a box of dog shit to whomever installed that system.

if this was my yard, the very least i would do is either shut off the shaded shrub popups, im going to go out on a limb and say they will probably be ok if the shrub is established.

if this is not an option, i would reduce the flow rate on the shaded popups as much as possible (some will not allow for this).

no amount of software can accommodate poor irrigation design. sorry bro, maybe the wizzard @emil has something up his sleeve.

1 Like

@bwjordan, hmm, tricky…

Are these fixed spray heads or rotator nozzles? Maybe you could post a photo? I’m sure you’re not the only one on here suffering from poor irrigation design. I’m sorry you had to inherit this problem.

Agreed. Shrubs are pretty hardy.

Sadly, this is true. But, I might have a few tricks up my sleeve :wink: