Multiple start times on schedule for new seeded areas

If I am watering a new seeded area, I need to be able to repeat short watering every couple of hors to make sure that the seed does not dry out.

Can you add multiple start times for a schedule or a repeat every x hours for n times so that this can be done on any day when the schedule is activated.

I don’t think you can do intervals within a single day. Smart Cycle could do that but the time between watering may not be long enough for your purpose. I have a similar issue since I have water restrictions that do not allow me to water from 11AM to 7PM. Because of that I have 3 fixed schedules that water at 7AM, 10:30AM, and 7PM every other day. I also utilize Climate & Rain skip. You could set up 4 or 5 schedules that water at various times of the day and set the day schedule to an interval of every other day, or odd days or even days, etc.

@IanC We don’t currently support multiple intervals of the same schedule in one day (future feature), but you can actually use an IFTTT recipe to accomplish this.

:cheers:

IFTTT Recipe

How to use IFTTT with the controller

Thanks, I have setup 6 identical daily schedules with different start times to do this. This is simpler.

I will look for you to add this as a feature in a future release. This will make your controller competitive with older controllers like my Irritrol that provides for programming multiple start times for any schedule or program.

The reason I don’t use IFTTT is that it will water even if there is a rain delay (see example below). I like having the advantage of the Rain Skip & Climate Skip which IFTTT does not respect.

Here’s the IFTTT recipe.