Multiple Schedules

I use a flexible monthly schedule to water my entire yard that runs every third day. I also run a daily schedule to supplement a few areas of the yard that need more water due to a lot of sun exposure. How can I get the daily schedule to not run on the days the flexible monthly schedule runs? They are both scheduled to start at 5 am, and when set to run on the same day the run one after the other.

Maybe thereā€™s something you can do with IFTTT ? I was thinking ā€˜If zone startedā€™ then ā€˜skip watering timeā€™, but It doesnā€™t seem like you can specify the zone for ā€˜zone startedā€™. Anyway, it might be worth a look.

Would it work to put a rain sensor under your sprinklers in the sunny area? Kind of goofy - the sensor would override the 2nd schedule if it was still wet.

2 Likes

I had this same thought :joy: Would be a little funky, but could work! Let me check out IFTTT

1 Like

I thought of using IFTTT to say if ā€œfull schedule ranā€ than donā€™t run "sun zones schedule ", but couldnā€™t figure it out.

I do have a rain sensor but hadnā€™t tried that.