Migration to Rachio from HydroPoint WeatherTRAK system

Hydropoint has just notified me of ‘end of life’ of my smart controller. Their system has been great for over 10 years, but the cost of their new models is prohibited for a home user with only 6 zones. Are their any suggestions that anyone has to make my migration and set-up as easy as possible? My one big question is the set-up of one drip irrigation zone.

Any good recipes for success are appreciated.

Hey Lynn!

We’re excited to welcome you to the Rachio family. If you haven’t already done so, I’d suggest checking out our site dedicated to the Hydropoint transition:

This page is loaded with information including Support Articles and an Installation Video designed to make your transition as easy as possible!

If you require any additional assistance, we’re always happy to help on our Rachio Support Line. You’re welcome to call in, 7 days a week, to our phone line at 1-844-4-RACHIO. Alternatively, you can even schedule a time for US to call YOU.

Hope this has been helpful! Let me know if I can answer any additional questions.

2 Likes

@lynnsegal - I’d put the drip zone on it’s own schedule so it won’t interfere with the other zones on Smart Cycle.

If you’ll post a layout or pictures of your sprinkler system I’m sure there will be a couple of folks that will provide recommendations.

I think Rachio should look at the WeatherTrak drip setup features. For you, if you have drip tubing with pressure compensating emitters, i would create a “custom sprinkler” and give it a precipitation rate of 0.2 or 0.3 inch per hour. Watch your drip zones. This should work.

@robertokc - you were one of the “couple of folks” that I had in mind that would jump in and help. You’re quick!

1 Like

I wish Rachio would develop a drip setting. Many people have drip.

I’m on standby in case any interesting wiring issues develop during the switch :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate it.