Meet the Rachio 3 Smart Water System (aka Wireless Flow Metering!) :rachio:

We have been big fans of rachio, having v2 controllers installed in both our houses. A bit of a bummer that we have to buy and install an entirely new system just to get the flow metering (which granted is a very valuable feature for us). Do you know when the systems will be out in the market broadly?

Pass. New hardware, beta flow sensor and some marketing speak weather intelligence for the low low price of $318.98!!!

PS Colorado Tax calculation looks highly suspect too. 8.99 on $309.99

Curious about the international use or effectiveness of the Enhanced Weather Intelligence Plus feature.

As a Canadian customer, we often can’t enjoy the same features as just below the 49th parallel.

Thanks for the update. I purchased Gen 1 and 2. Would love to purchase gen 3 if I knew Homekit was in the works. I have a ring pro and don’t mind waiting for Homekit but at least I know it is coming and I don’t have to buy something different. I just don’t want to get blindsided by a new Homekit version of Rachio which would mean I wasted my money and would have to buy another unit.

Any word that would give some hope of Homekit on Gen 3 in the future?

looks like they increased the MSRP to reflect getting $70 off plus the $20 coupon. The email was misleading .

1 Like
2 Likes

What about using a wired flow meter with the Rachio 3? I can’t tell if there is a hardware port for that.

I don’t mind the wireless one but I already have a wired one that was costly so I’d like to potentially reuse it.

Didn’t think twice. Purchased!

Mike

2 Likes

Hey @LLWarrenP! You can wire your existing flow meter to your Rachio 3.

Hey @LLong-

WI+ will have support for international users :tada:!

2 Likes

If I sell my old iro and remove it from my account before the Rachio 3 arrives, will my settings be saved and applied to Rachio 3 upon install?

Is the battery of the flow meter user replaceable?

@Steve47 you bet :slight_smile: Two AA batteries. Should last two seasons before you need to replace.

Lo :rachio:

2 Likes

Hey @Raki! As long as you do not delete the device from your account, we can transfer your settings. That being said, the device will need to be deleted before a new user can add it.

1 Like

Might have missed this one but is there a trade up program from the gen 2 to gen 3?

1 Like

Does a single flow meter work with two controllers (have 30 zones)?

– Mark

Woah, woah, woah, any more about this? The wireless sensor has to be installed past the backflow device making it useless for whole home usage monitoring. You mean to tell me if I pick up a $100 wired meter and run this into my R3 I could, in theory, monitor whole home usage?

I get that Rachio is geared towards looking at my irrigation usage, but I also send the usage data to smartthings. Based on this info I might be able to use smartthings to let me know when prolonged high usage has been detected.

You can get an extra $20 off with code R3Launch20 from http://blog.rachio.com/2018/03/introducing-rachio-3-smart-water-system/!

1 Like

Unlike Gen 1 & 2, will the 3 support more than 16 zones with a software solution or expansion?

So, better radio. Will there be soil moisture meters available in the near future?

2 Likes