Looking for flow meter installer in Los Angeles (Encino)

Just upgraded to a 16 zone Gen 3 and the flow meter.

Landscaping is about five years old so easy to see what worked and what didn’t.

It’s time to bring in a pro. Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

@AP-123 If you reach out to support.rachio.com they should be able to help find a pro in your area :wink:

:cheers:

@franz - thanks for the prompt response. I filled out a form on the support page on Monday requesting a pro but haven’t heard back.

Hey @AP-123!

Having our support team check into this ASAP! Sorry for the delay.

-Lo :rachio:

2 Likes

Hi @laura.bauman

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I was told there are no pros in my area. That would be the question, if there are no pros in Los Angeles, where are there?

Hopefully this is a short term problem. Any other suggestions on how to install the flow meter or configure my smart schedules correctly would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Adam

Hey @AP-123. I had the same problem in my area. I just used Yelp to find a good plumber, and they came out and did a great job. I searched both plumbers and irrigation installers, and sent them a link to this for quotes.

1 Like

Thank you @azdavidr

Installation of the flow meter should be too much trouble for most but a correct configuration of a flex schedule I’m guessing requires some a bit more skill.

I agree. I’m not too familiar with how much familiarity the ‘Rachio Pro’ folks have with setting up flex schedules, but I can say that the resources on this board are significant. If you don’t mind putting in the time the folks here will help you.

5 Likes

Hey @AP-123

Sorry to hear there are no pros in LA - we’re still growing our pro database so I’m sure we’ll get some in the area soon.

I agree with @azdavidr - check out Yelp to find a good plumber or irrigation installer and make sure they have all the right information. Once they know about Rachio, they may be interested in becoming a Rachio Pro too :slight_smile:

Thank you @laura.bauman

The flow meter will be great but the real task for me is to find an irrigation professional that understands the magic of this controller.

I haven’t found anyone yet who understands it as I expand my system. Please keep us up to date.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hey @ap-123,

We’ll definitely keep you up to date. If an installer you trust doesn’t know Rachio well, invite them to reach out to us via support@rachio.com or check out https://www.rachio.com/wireless-flow-meter/ for installation assistance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got my bosses company signed up as a Pro Installer. We do handle The Valley, since I live there too.
I have been installing Rachios since they first came out. 632 Rachio controllers under my belt and the last 40 of that count are the Gen 3 with flow control.

Send me a private message and I will give you my company info.

I am with Malibu Canyon Landscape and Maintenance. We serve much of LA and Ventura County.

1 Like

A beautiful part of the state. I just rode a motorcycle up PCH and loved it. If you need any help in Malibu I’m there!

@franz You should see the rebate program that the City of Malibu has for contractors. The rebates are better for the contractor than for the homeowner.

My company has 26 current customers in Malibu. None of them have smart controllers…that is going to change over the next few weeks. :slight_smile: They do have the bigger Hunter controllers and my remote is good for 2 miles away…Still doesn’t compare to my 10,000 mile range of the Rachio remote. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just booked my flight :wink:

1 Like

Let me know when you are in town. I would be honored to meet you and collaborate at bit.

1 Like