Iro does not factor in real-time ET data?

Just received an email advising that my July watering schedule has been adjusted based on historical location data. I can understand this, but my impression was that As Need also looked at the previous 24 hour ET data to calculate the current day watering times. Has this never been so? If not, I am greatly disappointed, as a previous relatively rudimentary irrigation system did this.

@jemanner

We have a few different schedule types to choose from. The flexible monthly schedule which you are using does skip watering during the month based on precipitation and real time ET (climate skip). It also adjusts frequency and duration monthly based on historical ET averages. There is some tradeoff between predictability and dynamic scheduling.

If you want truly dynamic scheduling we have a schedule type called flexible daily. On a per day, per zone basis we track individual zone moisture levels and only water when the levels are depleted. This takes into account daily ET, irrigation, and precipitation for the most efficient watering. These type of schedules are a little more difficult to setup since the chosen zone characteristics need to be close in order for it to work properly.

I might recommend putting one of your zones on this type of schedule and see how it works out for you? By using flex daily schedules you also get really cool zone moisture graphs :wink:

There are a lot of folks on the forums that tend to help out if there are any questions in dialing in flex daily schedules if you need some assistance.

Here is some consolidated information regarding flex daily.

http://community.rachio.com/t/flex-schedule-guidelines-and-documentation/3799

Hope this helps.

:cheers:

1 Like

The email you got (I got one too) was probably just the monthly Seasonal Shift feature kicking in for your schedule(s). It sounds like you have a Flexible Monthly (formerly “As Needed”) schedule set up? Per this article, F.M. schedules use “historical ET data to adjust the watering interval and duration on a monthly basis to follow seasonal changes.”

This adjustment is separate from the daily real-time checks, which are done in accordance with your Weather Intelligence feature selections.

I hope that helps clear up some of the confusion?

BTW, in my case the email I got pertained only to schedule duration since I use (primarily) Flexible Daily scheduling. If you’re using flexible monthly, then your intervals should be what was adjusted for the month.

Under the legacy Flex schedule. Is it not the same as the new Flex Daily, and also factor in ET data,

@jemanner Yes, they are identical, just different branding name.

If you are using a flex daily schedule it will not get adjusted on a monthly basis…

If you want to see the real time ET adjustments, navigate to a zone that is in a flex schedule and there will be a moisture graph option.

:cheers:

1 Like

But, this email is specific to my schedule. However, it does not apply?

In June, this schedule ran every 2 days for 1 hour 47 minutes. In July, this schedule will run every 2 days for 2 hours 13 minutes.
South Parkway has been adjusted from 11 minutes to 14 minutes East Parkway has been adjusted from 11 minutes to 14 minutes Front Lawn North has been adjusted from 11 minutes to 14 minutes Front Lawn South has been adjusted from 11 minutes to 14 minutes East East Lawn has been adjusted from 11 minutes to 14 minutes East West Lawn has been adjusted from 11 minutes to 14 minutes Rear Lawn North has been adjusted from 11 minutes to 13 minutes Rear Lawn South has been adjusted from 11 minutes to 13 minutes West West Lawn has been adjusted from 8 minutes to 9 minutes West East Lawn has been adjusted from 11 minutes to 13 minutes

Could it be that I have an inactive fixed schedule? Will delete that for good measure…

I apologize for the confusion. It was indeed an inactive schedule. My bad!

1 Like