Just got my rachio gen 2 installed today. I did the initial set up and have some initial concerns...
Previous watering schedule with old system:
- all grass areas, 9 mins each day.
- grass area with hill, second run at night for 3 mins
- drip line (for palm trees, desert trees, cypress and lots of shrubs), 50 mins every 4 days.
Using rachio flex it set to this:
- Drip line: 3 hours 12 mins tomorrow then not again for 10 days.
- grass areas: 35 mins each zone tomorrow, cycling zone four days from now totaling 35 mins.
I'm worried most about the drip lines due to the plants I have on them... I see this is a limitiation to how they ran the drip lines, there should have been seperarate zones. I'm sure this comes up quite a lot. How do I go about not letting the shrubs die with that many days without water? Will they adapt? We have little over 10k lot size all fully landscaped.
I have very limited experience with running this system beyond setting and forgetting the last one. Everything is green now and doing well. I would assume with running 3h 12 mins, I really need to make sure the drip lines are appropriate for the plants. What is the best way to go about this?
I'm in Phoenix AZ area as an FYI.