IFTTT Support

First off I love this thing. Got me to actually install a sprinkler system for my wife… to date these were the first ditches I’ve dug… already planning for the front of the house.

I’m guessing API’s are already in the works for outside control… for example the ability to add IFTTT support? It would be nice to be able to use some of the more sophisticated weather sensors like the Neatmo weather station to create rules for controlling the watering cycles.

+1 on IFTTT Support

+1 on IFTTT Support

+1 on IFTTT Support. @chwhite‌ Netatmo is one of my use cases. I have their rain gauge. IFTTT support for IRO would provide immediate variables for controlling irrigation cycles based on what is happening or has actually occurred within the last 24 hours.

@chwhite‌ @silfa718‌ @jeremyshultz‌ @SteinyD‌ Thanks for the feedback everyone. We do have a full featured API for the Iro and are looking at the best way to expose and integrate. We are currently integrated with the http://www.winkapp.com/ but understand the importance of integrating with other platforms. Stay tuned to the forums for updates on our progress.

@franz‌
The only issue with the WinkApp is that is doesn’t work at all!!! I can see my controller information and zones but EVERY time I send a command, it does not work and it times out. Very disappointing because it would be nice. I really want to be able to trigger a zone or schedule based on temperature during a certain time period.

@jeremyshultz‌ Understand your frustration :slight_smile:

@jeremyshultz‌ We’re looking into the Wink issue with the Wink team.

If you could provide an update when the issues might be resolved that’d be great. Working with Wink has been less than pleasing (and I’m being nice).

I returned my Wink hub and spotter after an evening trying to persuade it to work.

I’d call it unimpressive(and I’m being nice).

I’d strongly recommend finding a different home automation line to work with in addition to wink(the home depot tie in is clearly going to be worth it for you and not to be risked).

ifttt +1

+1

We are currently looking into creating a IFTT Rachio channel, so stay tuned.

Depending on what options then can be controlled - that’ll be a sweet feature. Hopefully the ability to activate a schedule that was created within the app to run based on conditions such as temperature.

I would check out Eve ( http://www.eveirrigation.com ), which is fully integrated with SmartThings and supports IFTTT. It’s not out yet, but kickstarter should be coming soon.

+1 for IFTTT

@snazzypants‌ You have posted quite a bit/only about Eve on this forum. Do you have the Eve system installed yet?

Hi jazzhands, I am beta testing, and am a friend, yes.

Hi all-
I’m currently going through product suggestions, and wanted to let you know (if you didn’t know already) that this feature has been added. For more information on how your controller and IFTTT work together, please look here! I will be locking this topic, if you have any questions about it please feel free to PM me.
Thanks for the input- happy posting!

McKynzee :rachio:

1 Like