IFTTT Options for Hot Days

I was hoping to use IFTTT for watering briefly on hot days. When the ambient temperature reaches a certain high temperature I’d like to run all or certain zones for a few minutes.

I can’t set it up to run a schedule as I’m only using flex daily schedules and it won’t let me select a flex schedule and the Rachio system won’t let me create a standard schedule that doesn’t run on any days.

Currently I can only do this by setting up a recipe for each individual zone.

If the IFTTT setup would let me select multiple zones with a checkbox instead of just one zone with a drop down that would be better.

Ultimately though, if I could create a standard schedule in Rachio that wasn’t scheduled to run any days but could be triggered by IFTTT I think that would be the most flexible option.

Any feedback would be appreciated though.

2 Likes

Hey @Michael303, thanks for the thought.

I’ve been thinking a lot about hot days and how to handle that. Appreciate you reaching out.

If you’re using IFTTT, you could setup a standard schedule that only runs one day a week for like a minute for each zone. That would get around the restriction of not allowing a schedule to run on zero days, and then you could use it with IFTTT.

@franz, I’m assuming we don’t have the level of control with IFTTT that he’s suggesting, right?

1 Like

@benblackmer @Michael303

You can just create a fixed schedule and disable it :wink:

It will still be an option in IFTTT and won’t run unless you trigger it manually.

:cheers:

2 Likes

That’s great. Thanks for the replies. I’ll give it a shot.

Will it start as soon as the temperature triggers it or will it start according to the scheduled time?

@Michael303

Trigger.

:cheers:

:cheers::colorado:

This works best for me but it sure would have been nice to be able to copy all three schedules I have now, then do a paste and change times.

1 Like